Jets officially hire Dowell Loggains as OC/QB coach

barnaby8787

Gase and Loggains have new chapter.  They finally have quarterback they have sought for and that quarterback whose name you don't dare to forget.   You can come back and whine like old Jet fans if they can't do anything jack for Jets.  I know I will but we need to give Gase's offense a chance with Sam Darnold.  Gase's offense is consist of thousand plays/concepts so he needs someone intelligent to prepare his scheme with players. Ryan Tannehill and others are the reason Gase's offense looked lighter in Miami.

Yes, we will expect Gase has concepts that remind you of last year's offense but he counts on YAC in those plays. If Gase and Darnold can mix concepts up well, we have offense we are looking for.

Now, Eric Studesville is next or is it already done?

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Gase wants to run the offense. He wants to run the plays. This is his guy that he likes to run his offense with. WHo did you guys think we were bringing in to not call the plays? Seriously? DId you think Todd Monken was going to come here to not call plays. Come on guys. Jets fans just love to be miserable. 

I think we have been burned so many time with bad draft picks & bad coaches over the years I think we are all a little miserable. It seems right now people what everything to go perfect. This offseason in going to be tough, we are short on draft picks & 31 teams will be bidding against us in the FA market.

Yeahhhhhh.

Those 2016 and 2017 Bears offenses were hard to watch. Innovative is the last word I'd use to describe them.

I get that the personnel wasn't great, with Cutler hurt in 2016 and rookie Trubisky throwing to a bunch of practice squads players, but that play calling was atrocious. I know he's not calling plays but yikes, it's pretty difficult to get excited about this hire.

This offense runs through Gase if it's good it's because of him if it's not it's because of him.  Don't care for the hire but the dude will be like an assistant to the HC/OC which is Gase.  

Not to worried about who the OC is, it's a title only.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

This offense runs through Gase if it's good it's because of him if it's not it's because of him.  Don't care for the higher but the dude will be like an assistant to the HC/OC which is Gase.  

Not to worried about who the OC is, it's a title only.

Wouldn't you rather have someone that could contribute as an offensive mind rather than just be a vehicle of administration? It's an uninspiring hire no matter how you look at it. From an outside perspective this doesn't seem to make anyone better. It doesn't make Gase better and it doesn't make Darnold better.

Should not be title only. Even though Gase calls plays our coordinator should have duties like play/scheme installation, game planning, and general offensive organization. He's probably going to be expected to run the offensive practice a lot of the time.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but for everyone that hated Kacy Rodgers this is just the offensive version of that. Rodgers was to Bowles as Loggains is to Gase.

43 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Wouldn't you rather have someone that could contribute as an offensive mind rather than just be a vehicle of administration? It's an uninspiring hire no matter how you look at it. From an outside perspective this doesn't seem to make anyone better. It doesn't make Gase better and it doesn't make Darnold better.

Should not be title only. Even though Gase calls plays our coordinator should have duties like play/scheme installation, game planning, and general offensive organization. He's probably going to be expected to run the offensive practice a lot of the time.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but for everyone that hated Kacy Rodgers this is just the offensive version of that. Rodgers was to Bowles as Loggains is to Gase.

Beautifully put. Loggains is a waste of a paycheck. I'd rather have McCown at OC.

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

No doubt you want the smartest people you can have on your staff and like I said don't love the signing.  However Rodgers was way more influential to the defense because he was handed play calling duties for the most part until it got so bad Bowles had to step in.

Problem is we aren't landing bright and brightest OC's.  1. They will/could clash with Gase's style or 2. they are going to want to call the plays and not just be a puppet.

It's hard to find a highly qualified OC that would stand in the background like that.   

Seriously we have to remember Gase has made the most out of Cutler (who was becoming trash) and Tannehill (who I always thought was trash).  Darnold is a special talent and Gase brought out the best seasons of Manning.  I'm not worried until the Jets look like crap.  And a great point was made on ESPN radio by Alan Hahn? or someone that Darnold looked great at the beginning and end of the season, when Robbie and Quincy were both healthy.  Once Robbie started getting banged up and Enunwa got hurt, Darnold was completely different.  When he came back from a few games off those two were healthier and he looked much better.  We get Sam another WR to compliment them and he'll be fine with anyone.  If he can look great as a rookie under Bowles and Bates he will be even better with Gase and this Loggains guy.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Seriously we have to remember Gase has made the most out of Cutler (who was becoming trash) and Tannehill (who I always thought was trash).  Darnold is a special talent and Gase brought out the best seasons of Manning.  I'm not worried until the Jets look like crap.  And a great point was made on ESPN radio by Alan Hahn? or someone that Darnold looked great at the beginning and end of the season, when Robbie and Quincy were both healthy.  Once Robbie started getting banged up and Enunwa got hurt, Darnold was completely different.  When he came back from a few games off those two were healthier and he looked much better.  We get Sam another WR to compliment them and he'll be fine with anyone.  If he can look great as a rookie under Bowles and Bates he will be even better with Gase and this Loggains guy.

This is what I was thinking too. Thanks for saving me the time to write it down. I would also like to add that Gase could have hired a better OC guy but I think he wants total control of the OC with no interference. He wants a guy that is loyal to him. 

I’m sorry but the Kacy Rodgers comparison to Loggains is completely incorrect. Rodgers was calling the majority of the plays after the 2015 season and the defense completely regressed. When Bowles would take over play calling here and there the defense was noticeably better and even though I hated him as HC he’s going to do great TB. Kacy was a bad coach and worse play called. Loggains will have nowhere near the same responsibilities as Kacy did with his respected unit. Do I love the hire, not really, but like I’ve stated before, since Gase is completely running the show, if he’s comfortable with Loggains than so be it. 

Archived