Who's more responsible for the Patriots success, Brady or Belichick?

DigInBoys

Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?

• Brady
    • Belichick

Just now, DigInBoys said:

Belechicks system, coaching, and player management or Brady's on-field wizardry?

I don't think either are capable of doing what they've done without the other, but if I had to guess, I'd go Belicheck. He went 10-6 with Matt Cassell, he laid down the groundwork for that Brown's/Ravens team.

I'd like to think that Brady would still be very good on his own, but not as good as he is now.

Pretty sure it's due to Ivan Fears. He's been there since 99. We don't know what would happen without him. This whole thing could come apart. He's clearly the mortar holding all these bricks together. Bb and Brady are just along for the ride. 

His name is Belichick. It's not that hard but 50% of fans still write it wrong after 20 years somehow.

As far as who is more important, well we know that Belichick is 19-19 at NE w/o Brady and 36-44 at CLE.

We don't know what Brady would do under another coach and we will never find out. We do know that Belichick has been a sub .500 coach without him though.

Brady. Without Brady, Belichick would have accomplished nothing.

1. Belichick changed the system in 2007, turned Brady's "taking what is given" to a system that was like Peyton's, a formula to lose in playoff.
  2. Belichick didn't start "finding gold among stones" until after 2014 season, after he saw the emergence of Julian Edelmen. If he had started recruiting players like James White in 2007, Pats would have won at least 2 more SB.

People don't know what makes Brady special, so claim it must be Belichick, like earth must be flat because he can't see earth is round.

Here is what makes Brady is special:

"THROW THE BALLS SO QUICK THAT WHEN A DEFENDER OR DEFENDERS REACT, IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE". 

1. Watch this play, the first pass by Brady in SB, @6;35, ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HTJQE2BLBo&t=412s  IF Brady had thrown just 1/10th of a second later, there would be no YAC.
  2. Watch this play, 4th and 3, @6:24, ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXUwjEO5bY If Kirk Cousin had thrown 1/10th of a second quicker, it would be 1st down.
  3. @:051 in this video, ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwrVOgNNsk&t=55s , Brady KNEW the middle field was open, and ANTICIPATED James White would make the cut. That is why he could throw just a tiny tiny bit quicker, and Jets defense was one step slower. Result?  an easy TD for James White. Brady does this every game, you people just assume his WR get open or some play designs by Belichick, never think that if Brady had thrown 1/10 or 2/10 of a second later, they won't be wide open.

That is why dink n dunk becomes such powerful system under Brady; that is why lot of his WR becomes nobody after going to other teams; that is why Belichick can try "find gold among stones"; that is why no other teams can copycat what Brady has done. That is why Brady's offense could score 380 pts before 2007 with WR from streets, no other QB could have done that.

Make no mistake, neither would be where they are at without the other.

That doesnt mean neither would have success at all, but they wouldnt be dominating the league the same way they are now.    Of that I have no doubt.

All I will say is that Belichick is a much rarer coach than Brady is a rare talent.   I dont think Brady is the system QB that some haters act like he is, but Belichick is a true once in a lifetime coach.   Brady is a great talent that has helped fuel the Pats dynasty, but Belichick is the architect.   

I think Belichick was more responsible for the first three rings. Brady was growing and obviously played a huge role in them winning, but they were a more balanced team with great defenses.

Since then though, and really starting in 2007, it's all Brady.

So overall, I put it at like 60/40 in favor of Brady.

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Make no mistake, neither would be where they are at without the other

Wrong. Brady doesn't need Belichick.

Those play designs? If a QB can command, coaches can design. If one coach is not enough, the team can hire an army of coaches to design thousands of plays. The problem is if the QB can handle.

Read my post above about what makes Brady special.

Just now, William Lee said:

Wrong. Brady doesn't need Belichick.

Those play designs? If a QB can command, coaches can design. If one coach is not enough, the team can hire an army of coaches to design thousands of plays. The problem is if the QB can handle.

Read my post above about what makes Brady special.

Absolutely nothing you said proves me "wrong".

Youre entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is.

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Absolutely nothing you said proves me "wrong".

Youre entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is.

Debunk my post about what makes Brady special.

A necessary condition for a team to become a dynasty is that the offense can score with cheap receivers. I showed you that it is Brady who turn those receivers into playmakers.

It is beyond me that soneone would naively believe that Belichick designs some plays that others can't copy. If one coach can't, then team can hire 20 coaches to figure it out. It is utterly foolish to think so, not mention that the system obviously changed over last 15 years.

Archived