Jets officially hire Dowell Loggains as offensive coordinator

TheKillerNacho

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012929/article/jets-hire-dowell-loggains-as-offensive-coordinator

Only a matter of time after the Dolphins gave him permission to sign elsewhere yesterday. He will also serve as the team's Quarterbacks coach.

Dowell is pretty awful, though. While I like Gase, him bringing back this tool makes me a bit happier.

Loggians is one of the worst coaches in all of football. This is just an example how the NFL inner circle works. Know someone and you'll get a job over and over again. You can be horrible but the head coach rather eat dinner and golf with someone they know. Its that simple. These coaches pretty much live with each other and they don't want to be out of their comfort zone.

Failing upwards at its finest. I seriously think I could do a considerably better job than Loggans. 

Seriously, you give me whatever offense he's working with at any point in his career and I could get more yardage and scores with less turnovers. 

Just give me a shot, Bills. Less do this. xD

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's terrible, but I think the sadder part is he's probably unaware of how bad he is.

Apparently at the end of the 2017 season, he was telling everybody who gave him the time of day that he was going to be the Bears HC in 2018.  The Dolphins actually went so far as to give him an interview for their HC gig this year.  As a QBC, hes fine.  He understands the position.  He does have some good trick plays in his arsenal (The Philly Special was taken from him, he saw it somewhere in the 80s I believe). But he just does not get situational football, or how to correctly use personnel, he legitimately said last year that he took Tarik Cohen off the field bc he was being consistently double teamed.  Not joking.  He also made comments about the defense dictating to the offense what to do instead of the other way around.  Hes a likable guy but an awful OC

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's terrible, but I think the sadder part is he's probably unaware of how bad he is.

Rumor was that he thought he was going to get the HC gig after Fox got canned. I have no clue how. (Edit - just saw Supe already said that. )

I bash Loggains constantly, but this is a pretty easy tell to me. Loggains knows Gase's system, he knows the adjustments, progressions, etc. He is a puppet that helps reinforce that to the players, helping Gase teach the system he uses.

Other than that, fetching Gase his coffee, and throwing rings into Mt. Doom, he is useless.

Archived