Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

This will go down as the offseason that starts Jimmy’s journey to being a HoF owner! 15years from now, we will look back to this year and know this is where it all started. 

You bet your arse, this road to the HOF for Jimmy is going to have a few truck stops on the way!!!

This was as good of a 15 minute read as I've had in a LONG time. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes, and the last year he has shown major promise in terms of surrounding himself with the right people, listening ONLY to them, and letting them do their jobs.

This did a really good job of shifting blame on bad decisions from where I had them before today to basically just Jimmy.  By the end, I expected to find out he was somehow behind the team moving to Baltimore.

Also, very disappointing that no mention was made of a homeless man with Manziel love in his heart.

I don't see how this give us any hope for a better future. Sure we have Baker Mayfield but even franchise QBs and well run football teams have highs and lows. If Jimmy Haslam was running the Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Tomlin would have been fired the Monday after week 17. What happens if we do make the playoffs the next two years and then for some reason we have a set back in year 3 and we go 7-9. Does Jimmy fired Dorsey and Kitchens? I give it an 80% chance with his track record. Color me very skeptical.

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't see how this give us any hope for a better future. Sure we have Baker Mayfield but even franchise QBs and well run football teams have highs and lows. If Jimmy Haslam was running the Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Tomlin would have been fired the Monday after week 17. What happens if we do make the playoffs the next two years and then for some reason we have a set back in year 3 and we go 7-9. Does Jimmy fired Dorsey and Kitchens? I give it an 80% chance with his track record. Color me very skeptical.

The hope comes from the fact that Jimmy has managed to take a step back.  Of all the things he's tried, he's never really tried this.  He is not the one making the important decisions now.

Jimmy has clearly f'd this up beyond belief, but the fact remains that he is a very smart guy with deep pockets.  If he has learned to stay out of the way, we have much to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

The hope comes from the fact that Jimmy has managed to take a step back.  Of all the things he's tried, he's never really tried this.  He is not the one making the important decisions now.

Jimmy has clearly f'd this up beyond belief, but the fact remains that he is a very smart guy with deep pockets.  If he has learned to stay out of the way, we have much to look forward to.

His personality, his character, his past is what gives me little hope. Sure he is trying this now but like I said what happens the first time adversity shows? He is a billionaire with a huge ego who clearly thinks he has the answer to everything and has a track record of going against his advisors. Again, color me skeptical.

12 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

like 5 times lol god hes bad at football

45 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm sitting here also.  If things go south for a season hes just going to blow things up again.

I really hope he can just stay the bleep out of the way...

I look at this article as click bait....Let us not forget, just because of the second half of the season and the promise moving forward (its starting to become Hispster Fashionable to be a Browns fan now)....but there are still people with Ax's to grind...and they are STILL alive and well and being listened too. Terrel Davis, Jason Locanfora, Mike Florio, Collin Coward, the Sports Junkies (VA/DC/MD very popular radio show)...I could keep going.

Couple of things.....Truck Stop Jimmy for President....first and foremost, and maybe its because of my background and upbringing....so I may see the world in a different way. I have never defended what he has done...cheating the small man is never OK....at the same time, I have never EVER heard of someone going from a job sweeping gas station toilets at his fathers couple of gas stations, to building it into one of (if not the largest) largest Commercial trucking Fuel business in the world.....treating everyone fairly, always making square deals and being a nice guy. And while those guys sleep great at night, and make GREAT neighbors, they do not take Organizations on the Bottom and put them on top......in the world I know, That does not happen. (Look at Al Lernern's son tenure as owner)

SURE the Haslems have made some mistakes along the way....but now they are highlighting things in an article that occured YEARS ago....hell lets have a this is your life about me and talk about the things I did as a teenager or when I was a Soph College Football playing Fraternity Cat......I got PICTURES of me making decisions LOL. So sure, if you want to highlight the miss steps he made while being a first time owner WHILE running a Multi-Billion Dollar business AND under Federal indictment....lets go back and take a look at the mistakes Bill Belicheck made when he was a first time Head Coach.....

Also this article reminds of Conversations with my Ex....she would include enough factual truth in the conversation to make it seem like the speculation she was making were also true. There is some truth in the article, but then contradictory parts also, for instance clearly stating in certain situations he knew what Ray Farmer was thinking...but then later in the article states that Ray Farmer would not comment for the article on his former boss??????? So now he's speculating on things there is NO way he could have accurate knowledge of......Was Haslem's company under investigation for Fraud...yes....these are facts. Exactly what was said, and how it was said in a room where only 3 men were, and NONE of them gave direct info to this article, then its IMPOSSIBLE for him to paint the picture of the direct quote and what really happened. 

At the end of the day, it looks like Jimmy has learned from his mistakes (like we all try to do), he's learned to surround himself with good people and empowering them to do their jobs. He has gotten rid of the distractions (selling a controlling interest in flying J, therefore taking away day to day operations AND the Fed Investigation). And seems to have our Beloved Browns FINALLY moving in the right direction....

But hell its the offseason...and the Browns are STILL under assault. When your down...folks want to keep you down....and this is a classic case of that, in my humble opinion.

Humbly Submitted

DaWg_Lb.

Archived