Steve Spagnuolo hired as DC

kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

What we won't see is Ford dropping in coverage.

BTW Houston is a good run defender when he isn't in pass rush. 

J

Id say for the most part well see a 4-2-5 with our best pass rushers on the line similar to Sutton.

When in base youll see switching between Ford-Houston-TK-Speaks at LEO/LE/SLB

Im seeing needs at S, corner. More DL depth would be good. Jones is our only 3-tech and id like to find a guy to give him a breather.

Depends on the offseason really on what we do or target. Or we can just ignore obvious needs for secondary ones like we did last year.

Edited by Chiefer

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Would he re-sign at a reasonable price? He's the same age as Houston to within a year (it was a very nice 3rd round when we drafted them) and has spent his whole career with the Chiefs. I can see him playing ball.

J

I dont really see a market for him but he did have a decent year.

Im hoping we can bring him back cheap

With a move to a 4-3 scheme, I see Speaks and Tanoh benefiting with this move the most. They were both Lineman in college trying to convert to OLB in a 3-4; that's difficult especially considering their size and lack of experience there. I expect a better comfort level out for the two of them playing in a lineman stance rather than a 2 point stance as an OLB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edge said:

I like this hire. Although i'm pessimistic about Spagnuolo, i do like what he has done so far and House could be a guy to watch as a future DC for us.

Love the hire. He did great things with Kentucky's defense. Turned them around dramatically in his short time there. Had the misfortune of watching them make South Carolina's offense look inept. Just a shame he can't bring Josh Allen with him. 

It'll be interesting if he pushes for us to draft any Kentucky alums. They have a few DBs that will most likely go in the mid to low rounds. Mike Edwards would be a cheap potential upgrade in Sorensen's role, IMO.

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Not if he plays like he did this year. Not a guarantee, obviously, but he was not mediocre this year.

He cost us the championship and got just 13 sacks, doing nothing productive besides rushing the QB and trying way harder than he ever did in the other seasons. Call it what you want, but I want him out. GONE.

55 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

He cost us the championship and got just 13 sacks, doing nothing productive besides rushing the QB and trying way harder than he ever did in the other seasons. Call it what you want, but I want him out. GONE.

"Just" 13 sacks? I know we've been spoiled by Hali and Houston over the years, but that's a top 10, sometimes top 5, season for an edge rusher.

• Like 1

I love this hire, too. Dunno how much Belichick had to do with the performance of the Patritos DL, but from what i saw their DL was the key to win it all in this years playoffs. To get Daly seems to be a great hire. It's going to be interesting to see, what happens with Britt Reid. Is he gone? I don't think he did a bad job, i actually liked what he was doing with the DL. The pass rush was great, just the defense against the run was bad. Maybe that's the reason, or he wanted to leave the team to proof himself outside the wings of daddy.

• Like 2