Hall of Fame Finalists 2019?

x0x

Typically 5 go in plus the veteran committee which doesn't include these guys.
Isaac Bruce, WR
Edgerrin James, RB
Tony Gonzalez, TE
Kevin Mawae, C/G
Alan Faneca,G
Steve Hutchinson, G
Tony Boselli,T
Champ Bailey, CB
Ty Law, CB
John Lynch, FS
Ed Reed, FS
Steve Atwater, S
Richard Seymour, DE/DT
Tom Flores, Coach
Don Coryell, Coach

Gonzalez, Reed and Bailey are essentially locks so that leaves 2 for open discussion. I think personally think Atwater finally gets in along with John Lynch.

I don't think Flores, Coryell or James have any chance this time around and of course it's doubtful more than one offensive lineman gets in. Isaac Bruce is a strong candidate I wouldn't be surprised and then with the Pats making 3 straight Super Bowls both Ty Law and Seymour could sneak in although I see them waiting a bit more.

50 minutes ago, VanS said:

How come?  Issac Bruce was the better player. 

No he was not. Holt was always the better player and much more consistent. 

Bruce was only better by name and that was only because Bruce had been there much longer and as time went on, it had become one of those things where if you said otherwise you were just a hater.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

This isn't me being a homer but aside from the obvious choices I think Hutchinson is the most HOF worthy.

I think he or faneca will get in this year. Not sure which, but I think he has a good chance

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No he was not. Holt was always the better player and much more consistent. 

Bruce was only better by name and that was only because Bruce had been there much longer and as time went on, it had become one of those things where if you said otherwise you were just a hater.

Bruce was a better route runner. Holt was more of a sure handed, all around great receiver.  

I’m still shocked he hasn’t made it to the HOF. I thought Holt and Marvin Harrison would go in at the same time. Guess it helps when you have Peyton Manning as your QB rather than Marc Bulger 

Archived