Hall of Fame Finalists 2019?

x0x

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not mad at all. You're entitled to your opinion but you have to come with a stronger argument other than "Bruce's contemporary's were better than Fitz's were and that's why he was better".

Claiming Bruce was better Fitz is legitimately laughable to me. To compare Fitz's late years (or any slot WR) numbers to a player who was an outside WR is even more laughable.

Fitz is a top-5 WR of all time. You would have a hard time making an argument for Bruce to even crack the top-10 all-time.

These two are not in the same league at all. Much less Bruce being better.

This is not a knock on Bruce but it's like comparing who was better the QB this season, Mahomes or Mitch? It's that far apart.

He also played with the same two WR's you noted as to reasons why Bruce was better (TO and Moss). 

And is Steve Smith not "historically" great as well? That's 5 WR's Fitz played with who are "historically" great. You mentioned 2 WR's for Bruce. 

The "playing with better competition" argument doesn't water when WR's like Holt (his own teammate with the same exact situation and supporting cast) had no problem holding their own against the best of best. 

Bottom line. You're measured by your peers. Plain and simple. And while Bruce was great, he was certainly not on the same level of others.

I swear, he is quickly becoming the most overrated WR's on this forum lately.

Fitzgerald is top 5 according to who?

Everything you posted is simply your opinion.  Stop trying to act like you're some football authority.  We can all have our opinions but you don't have the right to claim yours is some agreed upon consensus.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

I don't care about numbers.  I judge the player.

Andre Johnson was significantly more talented than Reggie Wayne.   Their time in college at Miami when they played in the same offense is proof of that.  Reggie just lucked out in the NFL by being drafted by a team with a Hall of Fame QB while Andre Johnson wasted most of his career on the Texans with subpar QB play.

Andre Johnson is a Terrell Owens clone IMO.  That is who he compares to the most when it comes to actual talent.

I mostly agree with you but...lucked out is a pretty strong word to use there. I have the opinion both of them are HOF wr's but I can see differing opinions. 

12 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Ty Law has NO business being in the hall of fame.

but of course, he’s a Patriot with rings, so apparently that’s good enough

Ty Law absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame as a fantastic player.

• He dominated in the regular season and he dominated in the playoffs.
  • His pick 6 changed NFL History and launched the Patriots Dynasty.
  • He picked Peyton Manning 5 times in 2 playoff games.
  • He led the league in picks 2x. (including the year after he left the Patriots)
  • His 53 regular season picks is right there with many other Hall of Fame players.

Guys like Aikman, Irvin, Namath, Davis, and Warner are in the Hall on their playoff accomplishments.

• Ty Law had a Hall of Fame level regular season career + a Hall of Fame playoff career.

If you want to say that Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson were slightly better then go ahead.

• They get first ballot and Law had to wait a while.
  • He is Aeneas Williams with rings.

Your Patriots bias for the Hall has no basis in reality.

• Ty Law is the first player from those teams that now have won 6 Super Bowls and played in 10 to actually be in the Hall of Fame
    • Haynes won his rings with the Raiders
    • Buoniconti won his rings with the Dolphins
    • Moss has no rings
  • How many 1990s Bills are in the Hall of Fame after having won nothing? 
    • I'd start with a 20 TD 28 pick playoff QB if you want to find someone who does not belong.

Archived