Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Totally different. MJ's lost games in the NBA finals. If it wasn't a 7 game series and simply a knockout, he lost the first game in the 90's Finals and the first game in OT of the 98 Finals. He'd be 4-2. And that's why you can't compare the sports. Every Super Bowl Brady lost came down to him with his team havinga late 4th quarter lead and his defense giving up the helmet catch drive, the Manningham drive, and a huge clock consuming drive against the Eagles. 

One and done makes it so different. MJ could afford a bad Finals game.

If you're going to extrapolate over all of sports, you're going to be subject to different circumstances such as this. Had the question been about God Mode Brady as the scariest person in football, sure - he is. 

But, that's not the question.

9 hours ago, Kay z said:

I seriously don’t think anyone else compares. Maybe heat check Steph Curry or HGH Barry Bonds? Where a player is in that zone that you have no idea how to stop?

Falcons, Jaguars, Chargers, Colts, Seahawks, Ravens and now Chiefs fans; is there anyone you think compares?

I take it you missed that guy who played for the Chicago Bulls in the 80s and 90s. 

10 hours ago, mld said:

Jordan in his prime, other than that Brady is the most feared player in sports history.

edit: I forgot tiger woods in his prime.

#1 Jordan

#2 Woods

#3 Brady

Although Woods and Brady are equal.

Not even close. Unless you're talking about American-only sports of course. 

Otherwise it's clearly Lionel Messi and CR7. And players such as Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, etc. etc. of yesteryear.

All of these guys play in a much more popular sport worldwide, in many more games, in more competitions (domestic league, continental cups, domestic cups), across multiple formats.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

We collectively hate the guy, but Floyd Mayweather is also in the discussion.

As a terrifying figure? Disagree. Pretty Boy could bring some heat but I don’t think he was ever a guy that instilled much fear. He’s as dominant as the rest of those athletes (if not more so) but less scary IMO. 

I’d actually switch my Sugar Ray pick to Tyson, again, in terms of “terrifying”. 

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

You don’t think late-80’s/early-90’s Mike Tyson was terrifying?

Only if I was in the ring with him.   ;)

There are/were a handful of athletes that could scare the bejeebers out of the opposition but I never considered an athlete terrifying.

Archived