Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

I think prime Mike Tyson is the answer.

Lennox Lewis is arguably one of the ten greatest heavyweights in boxing history and he refused a $13.5 million guaranteed purse (plus more if he won) because he was afraid to fight Tyson. Several other guys refused to fight him too. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Jordan never walked out of an NBA Finals on the losing end.

To be fair, I've always hated this logic. 

What's more impressive, someone who's 3-4 in the Finals, or someone who's 3-0 in the Finals? 

it's the one who's 3-4. Why? Because the guy who's 3-0 just lost even earlier than the finals 4 other times. If Brady wins a 6th ring, he trumps Jordan IMO.

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Only if I was in the ring with him.   ;)

There are/were a handful of athletes that could scare the bejeebers out of the opposition but I never considered an athlete terrifying.

To be fair, there was plenty reason to be terrified of him outside of the ring as well. 

11 hours ago, mld said:

Jordan in his prime, other than that Brady is the most feared player in sports history.

edit: I forgot tiger woods in his prime.

#1 Jordan

#2 Woods

#3 Brady

Although Woods and Brady are equal.

Disagree with this. I would have put woods at 4 and Tyson at 2. People here may be too young to remember his hype, but Iron Mike had a deserved reputation as baddest man on the planet. And in a interview with Larry Holmes on his fight with Tyson he admitted he was actually scared of him. I mean I know Larry Holmes was not in his prime when he fought Tyson but that says so much Tyson and his impact on the sport. 

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think prime Mike Tyson is the answer.

Lennox Lewis is arguably one of the ten greatest heavyweights in boxing history and he refused a $13.5 million guaranteed purse (plus more if he won) because he was afraid to fight Tyson. Several other guys refused to fight him too. 

TBF Tyson said he was gonna eat his children. But then again Larry Holmes of all people admitted he was scared of him too. 

As great as Tom Brady is, nobody compares to this guy in my book.  The look of dread on the Karl Malone's face pretty much says it all.  This was a shot with 6.6 seconds left in the game, for the championship.  The Mailman knows a delivery when he sees it coming.  Magic Johnson was and still is my favorite basketball player of all time, but there is no doubt in my mind that Michael Jordan was the best that has ever played.  He is the best athlete I've ever seen.

24cs7js.jpg

1) Michael Jordan
2) Prime Mike Tyson
3) Tiger Woods

"Terrifying" is subjective.

I don't consider Brady terrifying. I would consider prime Ray Lewis terrifying, or prime LT terrifying. I would consider Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali terrifying. Guys who would physically beat the crap out of anyone opposite of them, I find terrifying.

Guys like Brady, or LeBron or Jordan who are just skilled and will beat you with skill are no more "terrifying" to me than Tiger Woods or Simone Biles or Serena Williams or Michael Phelps or Shaun White or Dale Earhnhart Jr.  - people who are objectively the best in the world at their sport, but that doesn't terrify me.

People who didn't know how to fail/didn't fail every single time in championships/when it all was on the line are the most terrifying:

giphy.gif

6-0 and the unquestioned GOAT

6tMF.gif

4-0 and 0 Super Bowl INT

tenor.gif?itemid=7433577

tenor.gif?itemid=7433553

The obvious GOAT. He didn't know how to fail.

Archived