Who is getting cut this off-season?

ET80

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nobody really of note for the 49ers. Pierre Garcon probably is the biggest "name", but he looks pretty close to being done. Couldn't stay healthy for us, and even when he was, outside of that Raiders game, he was largely a non factor. We don't even save anything by cutting him, but it's really in the best interest of the team to get him replaced and get someone in there with some upside. Other than that, Garry Gilliam has a ridiculous contract of 5+ million but no dead money and is basically a poor swing tackle. Cassius Marsh should be gone, but I'm not sure. Over 4 million, he doesn't offer much as a pass rush so far. 

The name to keep an eye on would probably be Arik Armstead. He's on his option year, and he's not really worth 9+ million. But he's actually a pretty good player, and probably coming off his best year. The problem is, he's not a pass rusher. He holds an edge well, can slide him around the line (we lined him up anywhere from 1 tech to 5 tech), so he has some versatility in that regard. But again, just not worth 9+ million. If he's cut, he'd be a solid pickup for quite a few teams. 

Jimmy G?

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Jimmy G?

Nah, we have to keep him. Se have to be able to hold something over the Rams. Since that's not going to be anything remotely involving football at this point, we have to settle for having the prettiest quarterback in the division. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nah, we have to keep him. Se have to be able to hold something over the Rams. Since that's not going to be anything remotely involving football at this point, we have to settle for having the prettiest quarterback in the division. 

Nah bro. We got the man candy. Sean >>>> Kyle

Goff >>> Jenny G

Collins is the most likely notable one for the Browns. We're not strapped for cap space, so I won't say it's a sure thing, but he simply hasn't played up to the amount of money he's making. It's frustrating, as he's capable of playing well when he actually gives a damn, but he rarely seems to.

If Collins doesn't get cut, Kikrsey could be a possibility, although I find that much less likely. Since receiving a new contract, his play has declined a bit. Maybe he was just a bad fit for Gregg's defense, but it's hard to say. Still, Collins seems much more likely to be cut than Kirksey.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, vikingsrule said:

Likely - OL Mike Remmers, S Andrew Sendejo

Possible but should - TE Kyle Rudolph

Not likely but would benefit the cap - DE Everson Griffen

CB situation needs to be sorted out too and Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes both make a lot of money and there are two promising young players on the roster in Mike Hughes and Holton Hill. Waynes is in the final year of his deal, playing on the 5th year option. Rhodes is locked in but has a huge cap hit. I could see one of these two leveraged as trade bait for a draft pick.

I think Rhodes gets us more, but I don't see us trading him.

At least one maybe two gone from this group- Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham and Chris Long

Timmy Jernigan is a certain possibility. Though I hope they redo his contract instead 

if Jason Peters doesn’t retire, I am very interested to see what happens with him. 

Rodney McLeod is possible but I say not likely. Same with Stefan Wisnewski especially after Brandon Brooks’ injury. 

Can't rule out any of these FA not getting a new deal from the Pats:

Stephen Gostkowski
Cordarrelle Patterson
Chris Hogan
Danny Shelton
Jason McCourty
Ryan Allen
Malcom Brown
LaAdrian Waddle
Jeremy Hill
Phillip Dorsett
Eric Rowe