Fantasy Football Thread

Texansfan713

Great topic!

I pick number 2 in my money PPR league. I am assuming David Johnson will be picked. I basically have no choice but selecting Bell, but his absent this fall has me a little nervous....Elliot is off my board until round 2 or 3 (depending on how it shakes out). I could select A Brown here, but my fear of not getting a top RB is over weighing Brown at WR

23 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Great topic!

I pick number 2 in my money PPR league. I am assuming David Johnson will be picked. I basically have no choice but selecting Bell, but his absent this fall has me a little nervous....Elliot is off my board until round 2 or 3 (depending on how it shakes out). I could select A Brown here, but my fear of not getting a top RB is over weighing Brown at WR

Definitely take Bell if he isn't selected 1.  Bell will give you touches receiving as well plus there isn't anybody behind him to take away goal line carries from him. After Bell I would double up on WR round 2 and 3.  I am thinking about doing that in my money .5 PPR league. I have the 5th pick, and IM considering McCoy over OBJ.  WR is loaded. 

I got pick 10 in my 12 man PPR league. Snake draft, going down tonight.

I have been running mock drafts, I think my best course of action is to go RB/RB in top two rounds, then load up on later round WRs (round 3-6) then secure my QB/TE combo in the 7-8. Then finish up BPA along with defense and K.

Four hours, then it's on... :D

My sleepers per position:

QB-  Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, Carson Wentz

RB- Bilal Powell, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, D'Onta Foreman, Jonathan Williams

WR- Corey Coleman, Devante Parker, Randall Cobb, Zay Jones

TE- Jack Doyle, Austin Hooper, Martellus Bennett

Nice! Thanks for the thread TF.

I've got one for you guys. In our 12 team (mostly) standard league, we draw the odd rounds and snake the evens. I have picks 11, 14,  and 31 to start out. The guy at #1 wants to come back to #11 and 14 and give me 1 and 24. If I go up, it's for David Johnson. So, do I stay at 11 and 14 or take the trade? Whichever you would do, who would you look at taking in the 1st 3 rounds. 

Additional info: QBs get 4 points for passing TDs, our starting lineup is QB, RB, WR, W/R, W/T, R/W/T.

Whatcha got?

3 hours ago, shep0507 said:

Nice! Thanks for the thread TF.

I've got one for you guys. In our 12 team (mostly) standard league, we draw the odd rounds and snake the evens. I have picks 11, 14,  and 31 to start out. The guy at #1 wants to come back to #11 and 14 and give me 1 and 24. If I go up, it's for David Johnson. So, do I stay at 11 and 14 or take the trade? Whichever you would do, who would you look at taking in the 1st 3 rounds. 

Additional info: QBs get 4 points for passing TDs, our starting lineup is QB, RB, WR, W/R, W/T, R/W/T.

Whatcha got?

I would definitely trade up for Johnson. Then look at Baldwin, Michael Thomas, Melvin Gordan, Ajayi, Howard, Hopkins, Cooper with picks 24 and 31.

Final team is as follows:

• QB: Jameis Winston
  • RB: Jordan Howard
  • RB: Demarco Murray
  • WR: Alshon Jeffery
  • WR: Sammy Watkins
  • TE: Travis Kelce
  • W/T: Larry Fitzgerald
  • B: DeSean Jackson
  • B: Mike Wallace
  • B: Matt Stafford
  • B: Rex Burkhead
  • B: Evan Engram
  • DEF: LA Chargers
  • K: Sebastian Janikowski

I'm not a fan of the WRs. This being said, I like my RBs.

I have the 3rd pick in a 1/0 team PPR. I really want someone to be stupid and let Bell or DJ fall, but I guess I take AB at 3? 

Then idk what to do at 18/23. I know I have to get a RB with one of those, but I seem to fall in a bad spot where I would have to reach. Unless someone like Gurley falls a couple spots. Im going to try and snag Cooks at  18, especiially if the Edleman injury is serious. But do I reach on Crowell at 23? Im not touching Fournette nor Miller.

13 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I have the 3rd pick in a 1/0 team PPR. I really want someone to be stupid and let Bell or DJ fall, but I guess I take AB at 3? 

Then idk what to do at 18/23. I know I have to get a RB with one of those, but I seem to fall in a bad spot where I would have to reach. Unless someone like Gurley falls a couple spots. Im going to try and snag Cooks at  18, especiially if the Edleman injury is serious. But do I reach on Crowell at 23? Im not touching Fournette nor Miller.

Just let the board play out. If Cooks is there then I would take him. Next 2 picks after that I would take RB's. Back's like Bilal Powell (good receiving back) and Kareem Hunt (Ware injury might bump his ranking) would be nice choices. 

40 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Just let the board play out. If Cooks is there then I would take him. Next 2 picks after that I would take RB's. Back's like Bilal Powell (good receiving back) and Kareem Hunt (Ware injury might bump his ranking) would be nice choices. 

Ya, I just like having a trusted RB, but outside of Bell. DJ and McCoy there's not a lot of premium talent

2 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, I just like having a trusted RB, but outside of Bell. DJ and McCoy there's not a lot of premium talent

I personally think Jordan Howard is a premium talent, but hard to justify taking him in the first top 5 picks.

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I personally think Jordan Howard is a premium talent, but hard to justify taking him in the first top 5 picks.

Only other RB i would take in the top 5 is McCoy. I think Bills will overwork him and he will get a TON of touches. RB's that dont have no competition for touches are a premium. 

15 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Thoughts on McCaffery at 23? It's a reach, but his pass catching skills and abilities as a "traditional" RB can bump him a bit. 

With Johnathan Stewart available in rounds 8 and beyond, you can quickly secure the handcuff.

Archived