Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Bears working out multiple kickers

RT @AdamSchefter: And the Bears’ attempts to replace kicker Cody Parkey officially are underway: Chicago is scheduled to work out former Jets kicker Nick Folk today, per source.

RT @AdamSchefter: Nick Folk is hardly the only kicker the Bears are working out. There is a fairly wide net they are casting. There are likely to around 6-7 kickers working out, including Folk, per source. Early workout date for kickers.

Good to see they are working to improve in this area so early into the off season.

I wonder if they'll bring back that Andy Phillips guy out of Utah from camp two years ago?  Seen some of his kicking videos on social media and he looks like he has pretty good leg strength and accuracy.

Not so sure I want to go down the path of guys like Folk and Walsh who have shown they are just as unreliable as Parkey was this past year, but it's a start anyway.

Phillips was pretty harsh on the FO through Twitter when Santos and Barth were struggling, so I can't see it, but hey if he doesn't suck, I'm not against it.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Phillips was pretty harsh on the FO through Twitter when Santos and Barth were struggling, so I can't see it, but hey if he doesn't suck, I'm not against it.

What you mean by Phillips was pretty harsh on the FO?

Im still hoping Pineiro can be picked up somehow. 

Glad to see there is already movement to generate competition though. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

What you mean by Phillips was pretty harsh on the FO?

When those two guys + Aguayo were missing field goals left and right, he would tweet about it. I recall two or three tweets.

Sign a cheap veteran

Draft/sign a young kicker

Launch Parkey into space

Josh Gable is another one... this dude is intriguing. Last time we signed a kicker the Patriots tried out and let go was Robbie Gould... just saying!

Gable: 

Edited by G08

Just now, WindyCity said:

The circle of trust was broken.

?

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

?

Parkey went on the Today show, broke the circle of trust, and not they are going to make a quick exit for him.

It is a culture thing. If you want to step outside of the family then we will replace you quickly and publicly.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Parkey went on the Today show, broke the circle of trust, and not they are going to make a quick exit for him.

It is a culture thing. If you want to step outside of the family then we will replace you quickly and publicly.

Oh for sure, EFF that guy.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh for sure, EFF that guy.

We will see how cut throat Nagy is.

Keeping him till the draft would be the most petty thing to do.

I doubt Pace does that, but Nagy looked like Parkey had hit one of his kids.