Do we really need a receiver? And if so what skillset do we need?

brownie man

Do we really need to place WR as a priority?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. What type of skillset should we target?

• Deep Threat stretch the defense
    • Quick and agile type that can create seperation
    • 6'3 or Taller possession type

Juice-Slot is locked up 

Callaway- Young and fast but 4.4 fast not 4.3 fast is he really a true deep threat?

Higgins- Good hands solid size, but not overly athletic in any way but good route runner

Perriman - Bust first round pick that made some plays, but how much can we expect out of him in our offense for the future? Can we depend on him to be our consistent deep threat?

Ratley- hopeful ST player that can make plays every now and then

Ricardo Louis - yes he's still on the roster but can he catch?

I ask this because thinking of mocks you got guys like Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Butler, Deebo Samuel, David Sills who all have different skillsets. Which type do we need and how high do we need to go?

What type?  Good.

Idgaf how you’d want to classify them per se, but just someone who can get open, make catches and play with some aggressiveness.

We don’t need a slot with Landry or Duke or Njoku.

We don’t need a “deep threat” with Calloway and Perriman (who ran a 4.25 or some absurd time btw).

We just need a competent dude out there.

With Dorsey's background, I don't see us drafting one in the first two rounds.

I still want a big bodied possession WR on the outside AND/OR a 2nd stud TE to create a lot of run/pass/personnel matchup nightmares for opponents. I'd love something like:

WR1: Calloway (if he develops)

Slot: Jarvis

WR2: Draft/big bodied type

WR3: Hollywood

WR4/Deep Threat: Perriman

TE: Njoku

TE#2/Hybrid H/Slot: Draft Pick (See Aaron Hernandez)

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

With Dorsey's background, I don't see us drafting one in the first two rounds.

I still want a big bodied possession WR on the outside AND/OR a 2nd stud TE to create a lot of run/pass/personnel matchup nightmares for opponents. I'd love something like:

WR1: Calloway (if he develops)

Slot: Jarvis

WR2: Draft/big bodied type

WR3: Hollywood

WR4/Deep Threat: Perriman

TE: Njoku

TE#2/Hybrid H/Slot: Draft Pick (See Aaron Hernandez)

yeah i think they might go 2nd TE and keep the WRs as they are, get a late rounder like Dorsey did with Tyreek Hill and Antonio Callaway.  Dorsey drafted Kelce in the 3rd

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah i think they might go 2nd TE and keep the WRs as they are, get a late rounder like Dorsey did with Tyreek Hill and Antonio Callaway.  Dorsey drafted Kelce in the 3rd

Yeah I mean Hollywood isn't a bad #2 but he's not ideal. If he can get a little more sure-handed I'd like him more, but he's so inconsistent there that he scares me on 3rd down and in the Red Zone.

There shouldn’t be a mold of a WR they should be looking for. They don’t need a big body guy, slot guy, burner guy, or whatever. If they want to add a WR, just add the best playmaker. Don’t care what the style is, can the guy make plays, is the only thing that matters. It’s why I am so big on Isabella. Yeah he is tiny at 5’8 but the dude a playmaker with the ball in his hands 

So many receivers that can do so many good things, but they all have major flaws of some sorts. I don't see a single round 1 player in the bunch. Penny Hart has phenomenal feet and incredible quick twitch ability and barely even has to slow down to make his cuts. He's going to get open a lot in the NFL, but the kid drops a ton of passes. N'Keal has is like a RB after the catch and is going to be a YAC machine but how often does he get open for you? Emmanual Hall, Antoine Wesley and Kelvin Harmon are some of the more highly thought of receivers in this class but they have serious drop issues as well. Arcega-Whiteside cannot separate to save his life. His lives by creating contact and pushing off. I don't care how bias the NFL is toward offense on those calls he is going to get called for OPI a ton. 

^^^

which is why I really like DK Metcalf and Hollywood Brown

both can get open and stretch the field 

which Monken he had one of the most aggressive downfield offenses in 2018. I’ve got to imagine we’re going to need some playmakers who can make plays down the field. 

Marquise Brown would be our Desesn Jackson while a DK would be our Mike Evans type outside downfield threat 

giphy.gif

Hey guys, remember when we had Josh Gordon? Remember when he was the best WR in football? So...was that cool?

giphy.gif

Ugh, man that sounds so stupid!!!!!!!!!!

You remember when he was with the Browns?

giphy.gif

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you guys seen the Terminator? Great flick!

latest?cb=20150126041437

I knew I'd mess this up!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Don't really get it, @MWil23. But I gave you a digi-foot because I used to love that skit.

It didn’t post right and now that you’ve seen it I couldn’t delete it. I’m embarrassed. I’ve got no one to blame but myself.

If Calloway works hard this off season and Perriman continues to improve/be reliable, I'd say another possession WR would be helpful, especially considering potential injuries that could sideline any of our current WRs for a period of time.

Archived