Colts re-sign GOAT Kicker Adam Vinatieri to one-year deal

RaidersAreOne

To put things in perspective:

-He's played through four presidents.
-The next most senior players are Tom Brady and Sebastian Janikowski...both were drafted in 2000, making Adam the only player to have played in the 90's.
-He's been playing before the Texans were formed.
-He played when the AFC and NFC Central existed.

Hat's off to Vinatieri; we Pats fans still miss you.

13 minutes ago, Elky said:

To put things in perspective:

-He's played through four presidents.
-The next most senior players are Tom Brady and Sebastian Janikowski...both were drafted in 2000, making Adam the only player to have played in the 90's.
-He's been playing before the Texans were formed.
-He played when the AFC and NFC Central existed.

Hat's off to Vinatieri; we Pats fans still miss you.

I think Phil Dawson started his NFL career in 1999, which is still 3 years after Vinatieri.

It’s 22 years tomorrow since Vinatieri played in his first Super Bowl, a 35-21 Packers win over the Patriots, when Desmond Howard returned one of his kickoffs for a TD. Bill Parcells was the Patriots HC that day and Bill Belichick was DC. 

The Colt do know hes still going to go into the HOF as a Patriot, right? Worth the effort though. 😎

I still laugh everytime I see Vinatieri with his helmet off looking like Santa Claus. 

Good for him. Guess he's in no hurry to start his 5 year count down to the Hall.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Colt do know hes still going to go into the HOF as a Patriot, right? Worth the effort though. 😎

I still laugh everytime I see Vinatieri with his helmet off looking like Santa Claus. 

Good for him. Guess he's in no hurry to start his 5 year count down to the Hall.

Football doesnt put players into the HOF with a uniform on, unlike baseball.  It doesnt really matter.  Interestingly enough tho, Vinatieri would rather be remembered as a colt tho.  Some hard feelings with the Pats.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Football doesnt put players into the HOF with a uniform on, unlike baseball.  It doesnt really matter.  Interestingly enough tho, Vinatieri would rather be remembered as a colt tho.  Some hard feelings with the Pats.

That's right, got confused watching the Mussina, Mariano, Martinez  PC.

Vinatieri started his pro career in 1996 with a tryout for NFL Europe, and probably would have played for the Amsterdam Admirals if the Patriots hadn't signed him as an undrafted free agent. Bill Parcells even gave him the same accolade Matt Bahr received: "you're not a kicker, you're a football player." He's played for 23 seasons, hitting 80% or more of his kicks for 16 of them. A kicking legend and a shoo-in for the HOF.

Archived