Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Was looking around the NFL to see what every team had done in FA so far...man oh man the Dolphins will be lucky to win a game next season...so little talent on that squad. 

Watching Indy has been interesting to me. They had the top 3 amount of cap space this offseason, but haven't done much with it. I understand not spending it just to have it, but would have thought they would have used it to grab a WR, CB, OLB, or SS

8 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Watching Indy has been interesting to me. They had the top 3 amount of cap space this offseason, but haven't done much with it. I understand not spending it just to have it, but would have thought they would have used it to grab a WR, CB, OLB, or SS

Ballard is a really smart GM.  They are not going to spend money just to spend it.  What WR was available on the FA market that would have made sense for them? Or CB? This was not a good FA class. There has been some real funny money handed out to 2nd and 3rd tier players.  They are building something in Indy that's going to be real special. My preseason superbowl prediction is Bears v Colts.  

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ballard is a really smart GM.  They are not going to spend money just to spend it.  What WR was available on the FA market that would have made sense for them? Or CB? This was not a good FA class. There has been some real funny money handed out to 2nd and 3rd tier players.  They are building something in Indy that's going to be real special. My preseason superbowl prediction is Bears v Colts.  

Just like you can go over the cap you can be too far under too.  You have to spend or maintain a certain  high percentage averaged over 4 years I think.   Been awhile since I read about it.   If they are coasting way under they have to go on a spree at some point or be in violation of CBA.

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Just like you can go over the cap you can be too far under too.  You have to spend or maintain a certain  high percentage averaged over 4 years I think.   Been awhile since I read about it.   If they are coasting way under they have to go on a spree at some point or be in violation of CBA.

As much as that is true I think Ballard will take the approach of paying his own...which truth be told is the true way to success...he might now have many guys right now who need paid but when you think a few years down the road...Mack took a big step forward last year...Hilton & Ebron will have another contract in them...Kelly, Nelson & Smith are the core of an excellent line who will all be paid big when the time comes...Leonard us a superstar...Walker is quality too...Hooker will ascend also...those are some decent contracts over the next 2,3,4 years. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, there is a formula for that and it has so many little weasel clauses it looks like your cable companies service agreement.  LOL

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Yeah, there is a formula for that and it has so many little weasel clauses it looks like your cable companies service agreement.  LOL

Because NFL player reps are in their 20s and get easily taken advantage of.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Because NFL player reps are in their 20s and get easily taken advantage of.

They should hire me.  I'm Drew Rosenhaus minus the ******* part.  LOL

But no matter what they eventually need to spend which may be what's happened with some this year.  Seems to me some crazy deals are being handed out to borderline top tier players.

12 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Oh no......not again.  LOL

Archived