Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be pretty surprised if Amos doesn’t at least find out what his market value is before giving the Bears the opportunity to meet it, especially as a late round player at a position that at least last offseason trended strongly away from rewarding all but the very top players. 

I think Amos has to be really careful after last offseason which was a real downturn...unless your a ballhawk your not going to get big money as a safety.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Gould said on a podcast that he loves Chicago, is still a Bear, and one day may retire as a Bear. So here is to hoping he gets a head start and signs back with us now. lol

With Cody and Robbie on the payroll well never miss a field goal again. Just throw robbie in there when Cody isn’t going to make it

I would make an offer to Amos right now for about 7/season. That is the most I am spending on a SS considering that I am going to pay Jackson a ton of money.

I would be fine with him testing the market, but if he tests the market and comes back to my offer it is now going to be for 6/season with less guaranteed. You have to put some incentive on not testing the market.

That is the price of seeing what is out there. If he leaves so be it.

I am finding it harder and harder to see Pace making a big offer to Callahan...his durability is just such a major concern...I think we could use a 3rd or 4th to pick up someone to play NB effectively...save the money for Amos and other extensions like Floyd & Whitehair.

58 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Cause Muhsin Muhammad said Chicago is where golden retrievers go to die 

AdmiredClutteredEgret-small.gif

You set yourself up well. I was wondering if you were on pain meds or anything from how weird the first post was, but that was pretty damn good. lol

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would like everyone’s best under the radar cheap signing option at the following  positions,

SS

NB

OLB

DL

OG

RB

SS Deone Bucannon, Adrian Phillips

NB Jimmie Ward 

OLB Derrick Morgan, Pernell McPhee

DL Mario Edwards 

OG Jeff Allen

RB Doug Martin, Bilal Powell, Ty Montgomery, Ameer Abdullah

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would like everyone’s best under the radar cheap signing option at the following  positions,

SS - Adrian Phillips

NB - Buster Skrine (Jason Verrett if you want to take a big time risk on health)

OLB - Shaq Barrett/Shane Ray (Brandon Copeland if we want to get bigger at OLB which under Fangio we might.)

DL - Quinton Jefferson

OG - A.J Cann (Justin McCray depending on tender)

RB - Corey Grant

Shane Ray is an edge player that interests me. I am not sure of his market, but coming into a team as the 3rd rusher on a 1 year deal and try and rebound his value.

Aaron Lynch did it this season. Lesser role, but was very good as the 3rd OLB and probably earned a multi year pay day on another team.

Archived