Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Completely off topic but has any QB ever made more money for doing less in his career than Mike Glennon?

@malagabears

Sam Bradford at 130 million holds thats title   

Collin Kaerpernick 126 million after his rookie contract did nothing good on field and then became huge distraction whether you agree with his cause or not.  I think he 'only' got like 39 million of it though.  

Arguably Cousins may join this list soon if he hasn't already.

Blaine Gabbert at whatever he made in his career. 

For you too young to have watched him play week in and out these 'highlights' were something he did every week.

Imagine this dude in our offense in 2019. I forgot how fast he was, watch him break away. 

He could catch too.  

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@malagabears

Sam Bradford at 130 million holds thats title   

Collin Kaerpernick 126 million after his rookie contract did nothing good on field and then became huge distraction whether you agree with his cause or not.  I think he 'only' got like 39 million of it though.  

Arguably Cousins may join this list soon if he hasn't already.

Blaine Gabbert at whatever he made in his career. 

Oh yeah, overlooked Bradford.

But Kaepernick produced far beyond what Glennon ever has and so has Cousins.

Glennon and Gabbert would be a closer match.

But continuing to find work as a backup year after year shows just how QB needy the NFL is.

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

But continuing to find work as a backup year after year shows just how QB needy the NFL is.

I was talking Kaepernick after he resigned  He more than outperformed his rookie contract.

He stole money after he re-upped.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

OLB Brandon Copeland re-signs with the Jets 1 year max 3 million.

That would have been a nice #3 OLB at a nice price

These most recent deals are setting the market for 2nd wave FA OLBs pretty firmly.

Irvin got a bit more based on previous production but $3 mil or thereabouts is pretty much the base price.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I was talking Kaepernick after he resigned  He more than outperformed his rookie contract.

He stole money after he re-upped.

It balanced out then but since he's been unable to play much since we don't know where he might be today.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He was playing like hot garbage before he got black balled for politics.  

His stats don't confirm that.  He had one poor year in 2015 and got injured. 

SF as a whole sucked in 2015/2016 so I'm not gonna blame Kap for all of that.

His personal stats in 2016 weren't much different than they were in 2013 but SF as a team went into the crapper.

Glennon has none of this to his credit.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I wish we could gift Chase Daniel to some team.

13 minutes ago, malagabears said:

I wish we could gift Chase Daniel to some team.

Daniel and even Bray are credited more for what they can do off the field than on.

Daniel is to Mitch what McCown once was to Cutler.  He's part backup and part coach.

27 minutes ago, soulman said:

Daniel and even Bray are credited more for what they can do off the field than on.

Daniel is to Mitch what McCown once was to Cutler.  He's part backup and part coach.

I just can't over that Giants game, he was horrendous.

3 minutes ago, malagabears said:

I just can't over that Giants game, he was horrendous.

True but he won against Detroit.  Any #2 QB who can win half his starts is about as good as it gets.  Nick Foles is an anomaly.

I see both Mitch and Daniels being better prepared this season now that a good portion of the offense will have been installed.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

True but he won against Detroit.  Any #2 QB who can win half his starts is about as good as it gets.  Nick Foles is an anomaly.

I see both Mitch and Daniels being better prepared this season now that a good portion of the offense will have been installed.

Ha, this was one of those times when you read a post, say "that dude's right" then read the next post, which says almost the opposite, and say " now that dude's right!"

If Trubisky is out for more than a couple games, the season is very likely done.  Would be awesome to trade Daniel to some team needing a spot starter Midway through season. That can happen, right?

Archived