Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If the Bears add Gipson to Jackson they would have insane range in the backend and would be able to have both safeties play single high interchangeably.

Another safety hits the market.  Reportedly good college safety class too.  Bad year to be a FA safety.

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

He would make sense 

If you were the GM of an XFL team, sure.

55 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Another safety hits the market.  Reportedly good college safety class too.  Bad year to be a FA safety.

Isn't Gipson more of a FS though? I know your point is that it's another S on the market but I don't think he's a fit for the Bears based on the fact that I think he's a FS, but I could be wrong.

41 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If you were the GM of an XFL team, sure.

Isn't Gipson more of a FS though? I know your point is that it's another S on the market but I don't think he's a fit for the Bears based on the fact that I think he's a FS, but I could be wrong.

I don't know anything about Gipson.  Bush is a SS and went to free when Jackson went down.  Safeties have to be at least somewhat position versatile otherwise they are just small linebackers.

Mike Glennon cut by Arizona.  Love Pace, but 2017 FA class was a steaming pile of something.

Glennon, Sanchez, Demps, Sims, Prince (good), Cooper, Jenkins, Wheaton, Compton, Wright (not bad), Cunningham

I mean wow.  

Not sure if you could sign a worse class if it was on purpose.  Was it on purpose?  To finally get rid of coach that wasn't his hire so he could get his guy?  He stuck it to Fox good.  

I mean they were all basically one or two year deals.  Hmmm....  

What do think?  Machiavellian? Or just screw ups.  

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't see the fit to be honest.

Me either. Hyde has proven himself repeatedly to be just a guy IMO. Also:

- Hyde since ‘16 (629 carries): 3.97 ypc

- Howard since ‘17 (526 carries): 3.91 ypc

It’s a dead horse I can’t stop myself from beating. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think the main difference is Hyde had 59 catches in a season.

That would take Howard 8 years.

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Just a guy who can catch is a good option. We need bodies now that Howard is leaving. For a small contract I'd take him. Good scheme fit. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

With just a few days to go to FA I can't help but think if we signed Mark Ingram it opens our draft up ten fold...especially if we can retain Amos and or Callahan.

What do you feel Ingram would demand per year? I'd reallt be happy to land him I just don't know what he'd demand. It isn't as often to see the 2nd best RB in FA is 29 and was a member of a duo backfield. 

I mean yeah he is 29, but the mileage isn't typical of a most 29 year old RBs either. In rushes and receptions, Ingram has less than 10 more touches than Bell actually. 

Archived