WindyCity

On 3/8/2019 at 9:08 AM, WindyCity said:

Friday

-Michael Bennett likely to be released

-Marcus Gilbert being shopped by the Steelers

Bennett to NE

Gilbert to AZ

Cleveland  also traded OG Kevin Zeitler to NYG for Olivier Vernon

More player trades than usual or so it seems.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

What do you feel Ingram would demand per year? I'd reallt be happy to land him I just don't know what he'd demand. It isn't as often to see the 2nd best RB in FA is 29 and was a member of a duo backfield. 

I mean yeah he is 29, but the mileage isn't typical of a most 29 year old RBs either. In rushes and receptions, Ingram has less than 10 more touches than Bell actually. 

If we could get him for say $15 million for 3 years with high guarantees in the first two years I would be thrilled...yes it's a big chunk of our cap space and we would need to get creative with Mack & Daniel's but he is just a perfect fit for us...take a longer term back in the 5th to back him up...sprinkle in Cohen as a runner and receiver and all of a sudden I am not sure how you stop us...especially if we also draft one of these very talented TEs.

42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If we could get him for say $15 million for 3 years with high guarantees in the first two years I would be thrilled...yes it's a big chunk of our cap space and we would need to get creative with Mack & Daniel's but he is just a perfect fit for us...take a longer term back in the 5th to back him up...sprinkle in Cohen as a runner and receiver and all of a sudden I am not sure how you stop us...especially if we also draft one of these very talented TEs.

I was willing to do that deal for Yeldon. I Ingram would take that then I'd be ecstatic. Like I said, I have zero clue what his market would be. But that would be awesome. 

53 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was willing to do that deal for Yeldon. I Ingram would take that then I'd be ecstatic. Like I said, I have zero clue what his market would be. But that would be awesome. 

He took 4 year $16 million last time...you offer him an extra mill a year with high guarantees at his age it would make sense for him to jump at it...especially on a contending team where he will still be able to split carries.

Funny that GB LB got cut because he got that automatic pay raise bump.  Pay raise is probably a factor in looking to trade Howard.  Kwiatowski could be a cap casualty if someone was out there they really wanted.

Sometimes those pay raises are a bad thing.  I would be like hey give me opportunity to take a pay cut before you cut me. 

FWIW Carlos Hyde got scooped up in the blink of an eye so we can cross him off the list.

Carlos Hyde wasn't unemployed for long.

Just one day after being released by the Jacksonville Jaguars, the running back signed a one-year, $2.8 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Saturday. The team later confirmed the news.

Hyde will join a running back room currently populated by the teammates Williams, Damien and Darrel.

This will be Hyde's fourth organization in less than one calendar year. Drafted by the San Francisco 49ers, the running back joined the Cleveland Browns on a three-year deal in free agency and was then traded midseason to the Jaguars. Jacksonville cut him Friday as part of a cap cleaning in preparation for signing a free-agent quarterback, likely Nick Foles.

Hyde figures to be a solid contributor in K.C. and could even open the season as its starter. The RB, however, is not coming off of his strongest season. Hyde finished 2018 with 571 yards on 172 carries (a career-worst 3.3 YPC) and five total touchdowns.

But this also begs the question if Hyde can get $.2.8 mil with that little production Jordan Howard becomes a bigger bargain at $2.1 for someone.

It may also be a tip off as far as what we'd be paying for a starter to replace Howard or even a complimentary back like Hyde.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, Madmike90 said:

With just a few days to go to FA I can't help but think if we signed Mark Ingram it opens our draft up ten fold...especially if we can retain Amos and or Callahan.

I’m all in on wanting Tevin Coleman but Ingram would also be a really good get for us. As to his contract I think the numbers you’re talking may get it done. With Ingram over Coleman I think you’re still taking a RB in round 3 or 4 though because of the age. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m all in on wanting Tevin Coleman but Ingram would also be a really good get for us. As to his contract I think the numbers you’re talking may get it done. With Ingram over Coleman I think you’re still taking a RB in round 3 or 4 though because of the age. 

Coleman has missed a lot of games for a guy who has averaged about 9 carries a game in his career.

Rapoport just said on NFLN that the Bears all be interested in Ingram.

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

IDK. Even with his age I think next year would be a better chance to get a major playmaker at RB, we have 2 2nds to add to our chances of getting the best playmaker available (HB, EDGE, CB, etc).

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Coleman has missed a lot of games for a guy who has averaged about 9 carries a game in his career.

Rapoport just said on NFLN that the Bears all be interested in Ingram.

He’s only missed 4 games in the past 3 years, and only 1 in the past 2 years. That’s hardly injury prone. He’s also never had a major injury in the NFL. 

Factor I hadn’t considered on Coleman before too - he’s from Oak Forest. Bears are his home team. That doesn’t matter to everyone, but it can’t hurt either if he’s their guy.  

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

IDK. Even with his age I think next year would be a better chance to get a major playmaker at RB, we have 2 2nds to add to our chances of getting the best playmaker available (HB, EDGE, CB, etc).

Selfishly I’d love the Bears to land Eno Benjamin in next year’s draft. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s only missed 4 games in the past 3 years, and only 1 in the past 2 years. That’s hardly injury prone. He’s also never had a major injury in the NFL. 

Factor I hadn’t considered on Coleman before too - he’s from Oak Forest. Bears are his home team. That doesn’t matter to everyone, but it can’t hurt either if he’s their guy.  

Missing 8 games in 4 years is a lot for a guy who wasn't touching the ball much. If he's going to come here and get 20 touches/game, I can imagine he's going to be hurt often.

Raiders have traded Osemele to NYJ.

Remember when Gruden was hired last year and said he loved Carr, praised the two OAK guards and said they'd keep Mack? Well, rumors are he loves Murray, he just traded 1 of those 2 guards and a few months after he said all of this he dealt Mack to the Bears.

xD

44 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Missing 8 games in 4 years is a lot for a guy who wasn't touching the ball much. If he's going to come here and get 20 touches/game, I can imagine he's going to be hurt often.

The other perspective of the same thing is that he had 410 touches over the past 2 seasons and missed 1 game out of 34 (incl. 2017 playoff). Your point is understood but I’m not worried about his durability. 

Archived