Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

G R I Z Z.
‏@GrizzlyGridiron
6m6 minutes ago
More
Hey @AllbrightNFL -- Any word on if the Bears have bigger plans in FA then originally expected? First Long restructures & then Goldman. Just curious! Appreciate all the insight & work you do!

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
4m4 minutes ago
They're trying to work to keep Amos and Callahan, but I doubt that's possible.

Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL
Replying to @AllbrightNFL @GrizzlyGridiron
Much more likely Callahan returns than Amos, IMO.

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
Replying to @AaronLemingNFL @GrizzlyGridiron
49s49 seconds ago
Agreed, and he is the priority

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

G R I Z Z.
‏@GrizzlyGridiron
6m6 minutes ago
More
Hey @AllbrightNFL -- Any word on if the Bears have bigger plans in FA then originally expected? First Long restructures & then Goldman. Just curious! Appreciate all the insight & work you do!

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
4m4 minutes ago
They're trying to work to keep Amos and Callahan, but I doubt that's possible.

Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL
Replying to @AllbrightNFL @GrizzlyGridiron
Much more likely Callahan returns than Amos, IMO.

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
Replying to @AaronLemingNFL @GrizzlyGridiron
49s49 seconds ago
Agreed, and he is the priority

Yes please and thank you 

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Especially when he picked Philly at $10 million per over 3 years...might be an indication of how GB is being viewed.

Happy Brown didn't end up in GB.

GB fans didn't want him, but he could have made a difference there.   A 3 and a 5?  They should have done it.  They think they are going to draft perfect.  Long shot that is going to happen.

I think a small part of it is they didn't want that win now pressure that big name acquisitions bring. 

What are they doing though?  They are acting like Rodgers won't decline at all and will take Brady and Brees longevity road and they can keep building for 2 - 3 years from now.  Whatever.  Glad they are doing it.

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Especially when he picked Philly at $10 million per over 3 years...might be an indication of how GB is being viewed.

First off, that's a ton of money for Jackson. He had some good moments in Jacksonville but certainly wasn't the player he was in Denver. Also, who in the world would want to go spend their fall and winter in Green Bay? Freezing cold, tons of snow, nothing to do, and the team is regressing. Unless they overpay for FA's, it's not easy for them to attract major players. It's been this way for awhile.

35 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Yes please and thank you 

I disagree. I know Amos isn't great, but imo it's easier to find a good nickel than a good SS, especially with how unlucky the Bears have been at S for years. Amos is much more durable, too.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Who in the world would want to go spend their fall and winter in Green Bay? Freezing cold, tons of snow, nothing to do, and the team is regressing. Unless they overpay for FA's, it's not easy for them to attract major players. It's been this way for awhile.

I disagree. I know Amos isn't great, but imo it's easier to find a good nickel than a good SS, especially with how unlucky the Bears have been at S for years. Amos is much more durable, too.

I very much disagree with this statement.  It is way harder to play the nickel than strong safety and the nickel position has grown in importance the past few years with how NFL passing offense have evolved.  IMO Callahan is a more important part of this Bears D than Amos is, it's just he hasn't been as durable over their careers.

It seems like a lot of people are naming potential RB acquistions that are good at catching swing passes, screens and wheel routes.

That isn't a receiving threat in terms of what they are looking for, that's just a regular RB.  Almost anybody or any NFL RB can do that to some extent.  Howard isn't awful at that, he just isn't good at it.  Maybe he is relatively awful at it, but he is still a threat to flare out of backfield.  That threat doesn't effect defense at all.  That is still basically a run play.  

A receiving threat is a guy like Cohen, Kamara, Barkley, M. Faulk, White, etc.  A guy you can line up at WR and force defense to match up with him if you decide to leave him out there.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I very much disagree with this statement.  It is way harder to play the nickel than strong safety and the nickel position has grown in importance the past few years with how NFL passing offense have evolved.  IMO Callahan is a more important part of this Bears D than Amos is, it's just he hasn't been as durable over their careers.

Yeah I was going to say. With the way the NFL is right now Callahan is much much more important. 

Daniel Greenberg
@ChiSportUpdates
On NFL Network, @TomPelissero mentioned the Chicago Bears as a potential landing spot for Cordarrelle Patterson.
10:35 AM - 11 Mar 2019

I would love that.

Kick return, offensive gimmick stuff, and adds a ton of speed.

Archived