Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is an idiotic contract for an under achiever.

They took OTs at 15 and 65 last season.

LOL let's pay Trent Brown the highest deal ever for an OL but refuse to pay Khalil Mack what he's worth as one of the best pass rushers in the game.

33 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just don't understand what the strategy is overall in Oakland...your not rebuilding because you trade for Antonio and pay him at 31 years old and massively overpay for Trent but give away Mack and Cooper so you can't be trying to win now...so what are you trying to do? Just a dumpster fire right now.

Literally makes zero sense man I can’t even come up with any viable reasoning behind what they’re doing. Not complaining though, let’s lock up a 33-36 pick next year 

41 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Are they moving one inside?  Was one not good?

You have to really careful with over valuing Patriots Olinemen.  Brady's quick release and decision making and their O line coach make those guys look better than they are.  

Patriots versatility also keeps guys from pinning their ears back. 

Gruden can't do same thing in Oakland.  He likes to block with 7 or 6 and work his reads down the line.  

Brady does his first read usually in pre snap and is down to one or two by time ball is snapped to shorten the process.  He can go with 5 man protections a lot because ball is gone in 2 secs.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Also, who in the world would want to go spend their fall and winter in Green Bay? Freezing cold, tons of snow, nothing to do,

Naw......they can snowmobile and bowl.  LOL

I lived there for nearly 12 years and it's opened up some as far as entertainment but the snow and cold never change.  It's why I don't live there now.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

That is crazy money given the market.

Idk, he isn't a typical S. He plays FS, SS, and NB all at a high level. I'd be down for that deal. I said I thought he was getting about $10 mil, now I wonder how close Amos will get. $8? He's mot worth that to me. 

59 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Any questions I had about the Massie pre-structure exposure signing were now proven to be unwarranted. I knew he'd get overpaid after Donovan Smith got his payday, but wow. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Tom Pelissero thinks we have interest in Cordarrelle Patterson...no one can question the speed and the special teams ability but he would be limited as a receiver as he always has been.

There's our #5 WR and a true threat as a KOR.  He's burned us a bunch of times.

That is crazy money given the market.

Yep, that's beginning to be the way I see it.

Too much available cap chasing to few really top end players so maybe the second tier guys will end up being pricier than we think.

Pace is clearing cap space for a reason so he must have a couple of deals cooking on the front burner.

I just don't understand what the strategy is overall in Oakland...your not rebuilding because you trade for Antonio and pay him at 31 years old and massively overpay for Trent but give away Mack and Cooper so you can't be trying to win now...so what are you trying to do? Just a dumpster fire right now.

A dumpster fire with a HC on a 10 year contract and a draft analyst for a GM.  Ya' gotta admit.  They are entertaining.

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Are they moving one inside?  Was one not good?

You have to really careful with over valuing Patriots Olinemen.  Brady's quick release and decision making and their O line coach make those guys look better than they are.  

Patriots versatility also keeps guys from pinning their ears back. 

Gruden can't do same thing in Oakland.  He likes to block with 7 or 6 and work his reads down the line.  

Brady does his first read usually in pre snap and is down to one or two by time ball is snapped to shorten the process.  He can go with 5 man protections a lot because ball is gone in 2 secs.

Could be.  They traded Osemele.

Archived