Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

Signing Bell would be prohibitive for resigning or extending Jackson, Whitehair, MT, Floyd, Cohen, Robinson, Long, Trevathan, Shaheen.

It's like a defacto Hershell Walker trade.  It's an all or nothing in 2019 move.  Seldom is any team 1 RB away from a SB, but that's been thought so many times over the years.

Too extreme for me.

I think people are really setting themselves up for disappointment with Bell. Yes, we could probably make it fit. But assuming he’s looking for $15M or so per year he’d come at the expense of addressing everything else outside of the draft and possibly including extensions for our home grown guys we want to extend in the near future. 

All of that said, I’m not opposed to all in. 

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think people are really setting themselves up for disappointment with Bell. Yes, we could probably make it fit. But assuming he’s looking for $15M or so per year he’d come at the expense of addressing everything else outside of the draft and possibly including extensions for our home grown guys we want to extend in the near future. 

All of that said, I’m not opposed to all in. 

If it was 3/45 or 3/50, his deal would be ending at the same time as Cohen, Trubisky and Jackson's

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Za'Darius Smith- 4 years, $66M

Billy Turner- 4 years, $29.5M

Preston Smith- 4 years, $52M

Adrian Amos- 4 years, $37M

That's 46.13/year for those four.

Khalil Mack

--OR--

Za'Darious Smith, Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Billy Turner, 12th overall, 30th overall.   -outpost from GB thread.

Hmmm.   Math is hard.  What add another 7 million or so for first rounders?

Mack isn't making roughly 53 million a year.  If you are talking number of players it is a different argument.

Still you would have room to sign what? 3 of those guys plus Mack.

Archived