Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If we are thinking super cheap then Tyler Eifert on a 1 year vet min deal would make a ton of sense...clearly very talented when healthy he would be a perfect fit for that flex role...just need to hope the change of scenery could see a change in luck when it comes to injury. 

Maxx Williams from Baltimore is another guy who may need a change of scenery. He was a top prospect in that draft and just never got it consistently going in Baltimore.

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think there is little chance Gould comes to Chicago to play for peanuts and a ring like many seem to be envisioning or wishing for.

He would probably play for a discount, but not a giant one.    Bears either pay him substantially what he would get elsewhere, which I highly doubt given cap situation (see @WindyCity), or he doesn't come.

Bears are going cheap at kicker and hoping to get lucky.  

We sure didn't go cheap on Parkey.  I think Robbie might be induced by $9 mil guaranteed as well.

Chicago isn't a cheap town to live in until you compare it to SF.  Then it's a bargain.  :D

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If we are thinking super cheap then Tyler Eifert on a 1 year vet min deal would make a ton of sense...clearly very talented when healthy he would be a perfect fit for that flex role...just need to hope the change of scenery could see a change in luck when it comes to injury. 

He's broken.  Besides,  I think we need back up for Shaheen more than Burton.  Shaheen hasn't shown ability to stay on the field and Y is a necessary position.  Burton role is more a big receiver hoping you can get a mismatch in base, its nice but you can live without it. 

6 hours ago, soulman said:

We sure didn't go cheap on Parkey.  I think Robbie might be induced by $9 mil guaranteed as well.

Chicago isn't a cheap town to live in until you compare it to SF.  Then it's a bargain.  :D

Not about Bears being cheap, its about salary cap.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Not about Bears being cheap, its about salary cap.  

I was talking cap as well and to be honest I'd be in favor of subtracting or restructuring elsewhere in exchange for a guy who consistently makes 90% or more of his kicks.  

That was mostly my point.  PK deals top out at around $4 mil and change apy with a pretty broad range of guaranteed $$$.  At $9 mil gtd Parkey got a super deal and we got hosed.

Who would you rather give $4 mil to, Gould or a backup or rotational ____________ whatever?

In 2019 we attempted 30 FGs and 45 PATs   That's 135 possible points on the board and Robbie's accuracy has been 94% since we released him.  That's 127 points so if we can get him back for around $4-$4.5 mil a year or so if I'm Pace I'd find the money somewhere.  I really would, but that's me.

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He's broken.  Besides,  I think we need back up for Shaheen more than Burton.  Shaheen hasn't shown ability to stay on the field and Y is a necessary position.  Burton role is more a big receiver hoping you can get a mismatch in base, its nice but you can live without it. 

He has undoubted injury concerns yes but that's why you could get him on vet min and not $10 million a year...finding someone to back up Shaheen as an inline predominantly blocking TE is easy...those guys are a dime a dozen...finding a match up problem at TE is always more difficult.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

He has undoubted injury concerns yes but that's why you could get him on vet min and not $10 million a year...finding someone to back up Shaheen as an inline predominantly blocking TE is easy...those guys are a dime a dozen...finding a match up problem at TE is always more difficult.

We already have a blocking TE in Sowell, we can keep him for cheap. lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

We already have a blocking TE in Sowell, we can keep him for cheap. lol

I'd be thinking that would work as well.  He can or has played every OL position and he proved he was athletic enough to even surprise as a receiver.  $1.5 mil salary with a $1.8 mil cap hit for a utility guy like him isn' bad.  We could also bring Braunecker back on a vet minimum if he doesn't sign elsewhere.

I'm not as down on Shaheen as some appear to be.  He's got some tools to work with.  I think he just needs coaching and more game experience.  Maybe we can find another inline Y type late in the draft or an UDFA but I'm not much in favor of spending much on backups for Burton and Shaheen now.

I think we need to wait until end of training camp to judge Shaheen.  He looked good in camp last year.  He didn't look great when he came back, but that could be for obvious reasons.  

Bears were basing their primary offense around combo of him and Burton running RPOs, with emphasis on run and short controlled passes up until his injury.

I think it illustrates that Bears need depth behind Shaheen.  A big body that can block and catch.   Sims wasn't it.

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think we need to wait until end of training camp to judge Shaheen.  He looked good in camp last year.  He didn't look great when he came back, but that could be for obvious reasons.  

Bears were basing their primary offense around combo of him and Burton running RPOs, with emphasis on run and short controlled passes up until his injury.

I think it illustrates that Bears need depth behind Shaheen.  A big body that can block and catch.   Sims wasn't it.

Our RPOs also aren't worth a damn because literally no one feared our run game. Hopefully Pace, Nagy, and Hiestand remedy that immediately.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Our RPOs also aren't worth a damn because literally no one feared our run game. Hopefully Pace, Nagy, and Hiestand remedy that immediately.

If only there was some 23 year old elite RB out there who is a perfect fit for this scheme to help with that 🤔😉😂

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

If only there was some 23 year old elite RB out there who is a perfect fit for this scheme to help with that 🤔😉😂

Don't start with me Mike. lol

I still say I'd have claimed him and dealt with the 2 weeks of backlash. I was also the one who said I'd gamble with La'el Collins in the 7th rounder.

I like to take a Christian approach, ask for forgiveness, not permission.  xD

On 2/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, Madmike90 said:

I just want to know what his effin' suspension is already. Sick of waiting for this lol

Archived