Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Cleveland?  

Didnt seem a need for them.  I hope he at least cost them some money. If they signed him for a song I am going to be pissed.

1 year 1 million and they have him as RFA?

Can he practice with team while waiting?

If he can’t even join team until later in year and can’t be part of OTAs and training camp then maybe it just isn’t worth the bother.

If he can be a part of practices sit out games and get plugged in week 5 or 6 then Bears dropped ball.  

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

1 year 1 million and they have him as RFA?

Can he practice with team while waiting?

If he can’t even join team until later in year and can’t be part of OTAs and training camp then maybe it just isn’t worth the bother.

If he can be a part of practices sit out games and get plugged in week 5 or 6 then Bears dropped ball.  

He can go to OTAs and training camp

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Hunt signing with Cleveland.  He was a 3rd round pick and Howard was a 5th round pick and the 2019 draft as a good supply of RBs who'll drop into rounds 3-5.  Pace and his staff have done well finding talent in those rounds so I'll leave it up to them to score one.

One reason I've pushed a bit for signing Callahan is I'd all but written Amos off anyway.  With the likelihood of Jackson getting a top five deal when we extend him I couldn't see any way Pace would hand Amos a top five deal as well.  My bet is on him sticking with Fangio and signing here with Denver.

Pace has really upped his game as far as filling holes with younger talent so I'm just gonna sit back and let him do it.

10 hours ago, soulman said:

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Hunt signing with Cleveland.  He was a 3rd round pick and Howard was a 5th round pick and the 2019 draft as a good supply of RBs who'll drop into rounds 3-5.  Pace and his staff have done well finding talent in those rounds so I'll leave it up to them to score one.

One reason I've pushed a bit for signing Callahan is I'd all but written Amos off anyway.  With the likelihood of Jackson getting a top five deal when we extend him I couldn't see any way Pace would hand Amos a top five deal as well.  My bet is on him sticking with Fangio and signing here with Denver.

Pace has really upped his game as far as filling holes with younger talent so I'm just gonna sit back and let him do it.

ESPN has an article up regarding some FAs and how some dominos will fall depending on where guys land. I looked through the whole thing and I only saw one deal that affected the Bears. I believe it had Earl Thomas ending up in ATL (it was one of the ET29 routes i believe), but the domino affect had BC37 ending up w/ NYJ for 4/36. I know not to believe those numbers, who knows where they come from, but for that amount of money, Pace should let him walk and pick up what should be a 4th round comp pick instead.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

A guy I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on is McCoy. He is probably a cap casualty and could be had for cheap. He is older but could be a solid complimentary back IMO, and has the hands to do well in this scheme. 

He’s hit the 30 wall and had a pretty awful season last year but if he’d sign for super cheap w no guarantees I’d be fine with seeing if we can milk him for whatever he has left. I used to be adamant about the 30 wall for runningbacks but a couple rbs recently (looking at you Adrian Peterson) have made me look stupid 

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

A guy I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on is McCoy. He is probably a cap casualty and could be had for cheap. He is older but could be a solid complimentary back IMO, and has the hands to do well in this scheme. 

@Tyty I agree.  

I think if you are close to contending and get necessary depth or impact players on 1year deals then do it.   It doesn't really hurt you in any way.

Rams came real close to winning a title this year doing that.

McCoy I would probably pass on just because he isn't kind of guy I want on my team personality wise, but he has skill set you are looking for.

Lot of big name veterans could get cut for salary cap or health concern reasons.  Might be able to pull a Patriots and cherry pick some that could help on cheap one year deals.

Reed for Skins is someone to think about too.  He might get cut.  

Happen to us too.  This may be Long's last year for Bears and slim chance he may get cut this year.

Why would Bears sign McCoy for one year and pass on Hunt though who is better and cheaper?   I know Hunt is damaged goods, but is there really any outcry for signing?  

Doing that would make Pace look really stupid to me.

Looking to me like Bears are rolling with Howard and Cohen as top 2 and whoever to fill in depth.  Prior to last year we thought that was just fine.  A position of strength.

I am sure Pace is looking hard at rookie RBs, but I bet he would be willing to pass if he doesn't get one he wants and worry about it next year.

I think Bears are going to go cheap at safety.  They are going to eventually pay Jackson.  They can't pay two safeties big money and pay Whitehair, Jackson, Cohen, MT, Floyd, etc. 

Collins will get tagged or a big multi year deal.  Tyrann M. just took a one year prove it deal.  He isn't doing that again.  

Earl Thomas was holding out for a multi year deal last year.  He might be forced into one year deal because of injury, but he may be a head case then.  Thomas situation is interesting, but I don't see Bears being players there.  

Amos will get a multiyear deal.    

Seem weird if Redskins traded for HaHa and didn't resign him.  But Redskins do a lot of dumb stuff.  

I think it will be Bush, rookie or journeyman veteran manning that spot in 2019.  My money as of today would be on Bush And I think Bush would play well along side Jackson.  If Jackson were to go down however Bush would be exposed as he lacks coverage range.  Same could be said about Amos though.  I think Bush is almost as good as Amos as it is. 

I think Pace will wait until market stops and then sign someone left over at S.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Why would Bears sign McCoy for one year and pass on Hunt though who is better and cheaper?   I know Hunt is damaged goods, but is there really any outcry for signing?  

Doing that would make Pace look really stupid to me.

Looking to me like Bears are rolling with Howard and Cohen as top 2 and whoever to fill in depth.  Prior to last year we thought that was just fine.  A position of strength.

I am sure Pace is looking hard at rookie RBs, but I bet he would be willing to pass if he doesn't get one he wants and worry about it next year.

I wouldn't sign him for more than $1.5 mil,  and mostly is would be to keep from forcing a pick on RB. Having him isn't going to change me away from a HB I really like long term though. He is more a stop gap because of missing out on Hunt. 

I still stand that Hunt needed to be claimed. Still on his rookie deal and a high end talent. If that happens we have a crazy amount of talent back there. 

Archived