Who is your offensive rookie of the year?

Gmen

Who is your pick for OROY?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for OROY?

• Baker Mayfield
    • Saquon Barkley

On 1/28/2019 at 12:48 AM, Gmen said:

But it is frustrating to me that Barkley is the best player at his position as a rookie and he’s going to lose out to the best rookie quarterback, even though he’s just middle of the pack at his position. 

This continues to ignore the standard career arch for a RB vs a QB. RBs should get worse as their career continues and QBs should get better. Barkley ain't competing with RBs drafted in 2000, 2004-2005.

1 hour ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Bizarre that he won the fan vote considering Baker won it during the regular season 7 times and Saquon won once.

Cleveland fans gotta stay woke. Forgot to go vote for your mans after the season.

The Ladanian Tomlinson praise in that article is spot on, and means more than the actual award. 

For 2018 and 2017, the Pepsi ROTY matched the Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kamara and Prescott. 2016 and 2015 did not, however. Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgewater, respectively, won the Pepsi award those years while the Offensive Rookie of the Year awards went to Todd Gurley and OBJ. It is definitely a tight race this year between Baker and Saquon.

5 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I'm thinking you were ballot stuffing for weeks.

I get it. If the Browns weren't heading in the right direction and didn't have their QBOTF I imagine there would be ballot stuffing (more) going on from Browns fans. We got Hillis on the cover of Madden. This award just doesn't seem like a big deal, not even the actual OROY, it's just the tip of the iceberg for Mayfield's career and it is expected that when he is done a mention of OROY wouldn't even make his resume. The Giants have had multiple championships since our last so it isn't pity for them it just doesn't seem like a big deal to us and probably is to Giants fans. I'm cool with skipping the offseason, free agency, the draft and even preseason and get back to watching football games that matter. We always look forward to the season because it is football but it is different now. This is a book that you just can't put down, not one that read you and say it was okay. A lot of Browns fans couldn't even finish the book in recent history and those that did had very little positive emotion coming from it. More of a chore than anything.

Archived