Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-25-19

jleisher

Looking at a two year plan here, 2019 will be a learning year.  2020 we're back on top baby!

2019 Cap space as of 1-25-19, per Spotrac.com is $33,042,712

Released:  #53 - LB <forge-entity title="Nick Perry" slug="nick-perry" code="player">Nick Perry</forge-entity>Nick Perry Edge  Injuries and under performance.  Cap Saved $3,100,000

#75 - T <forge-entity title="Bryan Bulaga" slug="bryan-bulaga" code="player">Bryan Bulaga</forge-entity>Bryan Bulaga RT  Injuries to both knees, time to move on.  Cap Saved  $6,662,500

#38 - CB <forge-entity title="Tramon Williams" slug="tramon-williams" code="player">Tramon Williams</forge-entity>TWill CB/S  Performance doesn't equal pay.  Cap Saved $4,750,000

#11 - WR <forge-entity title="Trevor Davis" slug="trevor-davis" code="player">Trevor Davis</forge-entity>Trevor Davis RS/WR  Can't stay healthy.  Cap Saved $720,000

#22 - RB Kapri BibbsKapri Bibbs RB  Who?  Cap Saved $805,000

2018-Johnson-Malcolm-hsMalcolm Johnson FB  Again, Who?  Cap Saved $645,000

2018-Simon-Deon-hsDeon Simon DL  Cap Saved $645,000

#32 - RB Tra CarsonTra Carson RB  Cap Saved $570,000

Extend:

#76 - DL <forge-entity title="Mike Daniels" slug="mike-daniels" code="player">Mike Daniels</forge-entity>Mike Daniels DE  2yrs/$16m  Cap Saved in 2019 $2,712,500

New 2019 Cap Space:  $53,652,712

Resign:  

#26 - CB Bashaud BreelandBashand Breeland CB  2yrs/$16m  Cap hit $7,000,000

New 2019 Cap Space:  $46,652,712

Trade:

#82 - WR <forge-entity title="J&#39;Mon Moore" slug="j-mon-moore" code="player">J&#39;Mon Moore</forge-entity>J'Mon Moore WR and Conditional 2020 2nd round pick to Steelers for   This is a 2017 photo of Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL football team. This image reflects the Steelers active roster as of September 8th when this image was taken. (AP Photo)Antonio Brown WR  Cap hit minus Moore's $683,089 is $21,481,911

New 2019 Cap Space:  $25,170,801

Free Agents: 

This is a 2017 photo of Landon Collins of the New York Giants NFL football team. This image reflects New York Giants active roster as of June 12,2017 when this image was taken. (AP Photo)Landon Collins S  Giants  4yrs/$44m  Cap hit in 2019 $10,000,000

Final Cap Space for 2019 before draft:  $15,170,801

2019 Packers Mock Draft:

#12.  Montez Sweat NFL

Scouting Report: Montez Sweat

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s 2019 Mock Draft

School: Mississippi State Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6-6 Weight: 241 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Dynamic pass rusher with excellent length. Uses his long arms and nice bend to get around offensive linemen. Very quick off of the snap, with a nice initial burst. Doesn’t have the bulk to move inside on passing downs, but not a liability against the run. Highly productive.  (I think when all is said and done, he climbs up the boards.)

#30.  Josh Jacobs NFL

Scouting Report: Josh Jacobs

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Alabama Position: Running Back Class: Junior Height: 5-10 Weight: 215 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

A truly do it all back that has an extremely rare combination of speed and strength. He added quality weight to his frame during his last college year, and hasn’t lost any of his speed. Excellent vision, and commits to putting his foot in the dirt and exploding through running lanes. Able to hit high gear quickly, and impossible to bring down in the open field. Not over-used in college, and comes into the NFL without the mileage of other top prospects. Adept in the passing game, and advanced in pass pro.  (I know, it's not a major need, but offers a lot of upside.)

#44.  Dalton Risner NFL

Scouting Report: Dalton Risner

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Kansas Sate Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

A modern right tackle prospect that projects more of a pass protector than a road grader run blocker. Excellent against speed, with great feet and balance. Sets quickly and isn’t easily put into bad position by crafty pass rushers. Uses his hands well, and while he doesn’t overpower opponents, he uses his length to keep pass rushers at bay. Superb ability to get the next level, and pulls well. Not going to be that bulldozer right tackle that was coveted years ago, but is a fit at right tackle in today’s game.  (New starting RT)

#75.  Chris Lindstrom NFL

Scouting Report: Chris Lindstrom

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 305 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Predominantly man-blocking, old school offensive line blocking scheme teams will find his skillset ideal. He has experienced playing outside as well, but looks more natural as interior man to man blocker, particularly in the run game. Plays with a burst you normally see just with speed rushing defensive ends, and snaps into position off of the snap. Seems to have a lot of natural strength, as he plays stronger than his stated height and weight.  (New starting RG, sounds like Risner and Lindstrom are working good together in the Senior Bowl practices, why not in Green Bay?)

#114.  Taylor Rapp NFL

Scouting Report: Taylor Rapp

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Safety Class: Junior Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

Extremely rangy safety, that started his college career patrolling deep in the secondary. Flies around in the open field. Reads plays quickly and able to hit top gear to get to the ball. Plays hard and is a willing and able tackler. Team decided to utilize his quick twitch athleticism closer to the line of scrimmage and has been very proficient against the run and with blitzes.  (Slides into 4th round and Packers are happy for that.)

#118.  Jared Pinckney NFL

Scouting Report: Jared Pinkney

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Vanderbilt Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 255 Projected Draft Round: 2-5

Scouting Report:

Big bodied tight end that is a true combination of pass catcher and blocker. Excels at exploding out of cuts extremely well for a player his size and has an excellent knack for getting open. Runs crisp, well executed routes. Catches the ball away from his body well, and can post up defenders when coming back to the ball.  (A player that is get no love, but IMO, fits Packers needs.)

#151.  

Scouting Report: Keeland Doss

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: UC Davis Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’3 Weight: 206 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Out of the box ready to play NFL type receiver that runs exceptional routes and understands the subtle aspects of the passing game. Burner for a big man, and can create separation by running past defenders, and wins contested balls. Hits the ball at its highest point and fights for every catch. Very mature, and has superb character and leadership skills.  (I know, with the trade for Brown, why pick a WR.  Simple, need to keep Rodgers happy.)

#187.  LJ Collier NFL

Scouting Report: T.J. Collier

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: TCU Position: Defensive End/ Outside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6’4 Weight: 276 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Powerful edge rusher that makes his money using both his hands and a strong bull rush to yank offensive linemen around, getting them off balance, and then using his speed to get into the backfield. Has really good arm length, and holds up well against the run. Moves better than what you would expect from someone of his size, and has been able to effectively drop into coverage.  (Will play DE)

#195.  Joejuan Williams NFL

Scouting Report: Joejuan Williams

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Vanderbilt Position: Cornerback Class: Junior Height: 6’3 Weight: 208 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Position at the next level is debatable, as he is a huge corner, with a powerful frame for the position. Very physical, and excels in press coverage and with any action around the line of scrimmage such as in run support, blitzing, and covering bigger receivers and tight ends in short spaces. Ability to stay and run with speedy vertical receivers and with shifty running backs is a concern. Could see himself moved to safety, or even as a hybrid defensive back / linebacker if he adds some bulk to his frame.  (Need to add CB, with House and Williams gone, and talk about Jackson being more suited for S)

#228.  Joey Magnifico NFL

Scouting Report: Joey Magnifico

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Memphis Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-4 Weight: 235 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Converted linebacker that is in his only second year as a tight end. Tremendous inline blocker that is a big part of Memphis’s excellent running attack. Good hands as a receiver, and does a nice job of catching the ball away from his body, turning, and powering up the field. Has been effective when utilized as a receiver, and just starting to scratch the surface at the position  (Depth)

UDFA'S:  IngoldAlec.jpg Alec Ingold    LapuahoU.jpg Ului Lapuaho  WishnowskyMitch.jpg Mitch Wishnowski  SampleDrew.jpg Drew Sample   Buckshot Calvert  BeeRyan.jpg Ryan Bee

FB  WI                           T/G BYU                          K UTAH                                 TE Washington            QB Liberty             DL5T Marshall

53 man roster:  (Leaving 3 open spots for possible free agents or resigns)      

QB:  Rodgers, Kizor, Boyle  (3)

RB:  Jacobs, Jones, Williams, Vitale  (7)

WR:  Adams, Brown, MVS, ESB, Doss, Kumerow  (13)

TE:  Graham, Pinkney, Magnifico, Tonyon   (17)

OL:  Bak, Taylor, Linsley, Lindstrom, Risner, Spriggs, Patrick, Light, McCray (26)

ST:  Crosby, Scott, Bradley  (29)

DL:  Daniels, Clark, Lowry, Lancaster, Collier, Adams  (35)

OLB:  Sweat, Fackrell, Donnerson, Gilbert  (39)

ILB:  Martinez, Burks, Morrison  (41)

S:  Collins, Rapp, Brice, Jones  (45)

CB:  King, Alexander, Jackson, JJ Williams, Breeland  (50)

Don't think it would be much of a learning year if you were to add Antonio Brown and Josh Jacobs to this offense.  While I love the idea of pairing 2 elite WRs together, I don't think our offense is big enough for AR12, DA and AB.  Way too much ego and not enough balls to go around.  

No off season mock is going to be perfect given the holes on the team but I don't mind this mock.  This is a pretty large influx of talent to both the offense and the defense.  Gotta imagine some fans are going to hate this.  Some are advocating that our offense is good enough to compete for a championship as it sits and you've got 3 of our first 4 picks going to the offense (with one next year as well).

So there's some hit, some miss, and some unsure from me.

I don't like cutting Bulaga. This idea that he somehow doesn't play games is just flat-out incorrect. Over the past five years he's played in: 14, 5, 16, 12, 16. That's one year of missing a big chunk of games. And when he is hurt, yet still plays, he's still incredibly effective. Good RTs don't grow on trees.

I'm fine with the rest of the cuts, but I don't see the point of cutting some of the small salary guys. You don't actually really open up any extra cap space with them.

If your plan is a two-year one, trading for AB doesn't really make sense. J'Mon Moore is a zero value asset, so you're really just trading PIT a conditional 2nd in 2020, which is odd. PIT almost can't trade AB unless he re-structures his contract, so it's tough know what AB's value would actually be without knowing what that contract looks like.

I'm not really into Landon Collins. I don't like spending a lot on safeties unless they are true centerfielder FS types, which Collins is not. That is certainly personal preference though.

With Montez, I think I'm more out than in on him. I love his length and he has some legit power, but he might be reallllllly stiff. Combine will give us the answers to whether or not he's even on the board for me.

Absolutely hate taking a RB in the 2nd round. RBs don't really matter.

I might take Risner at 30. Lindstrom looks like he'll be solid.

Rest of the draft is fine, day 3 is mostly STers anyway.

Nice out of the box thinking.  Sweat too high at #12.  My biggest problem with this scenario is saddling a first year coach with a primadonna like Brown.  Don't think you really do that if you are on a two year plan.

Cutting Bulaga would be a terrible choice.

Selecting Sweat at 12 and Jacobs at 30 double yikes.

All that money and a 2nd rd pick for a 31 yr old receiver with an ego who wouldn’t even be our no.1 with Adams here.🤢 

Landon Collins imo is overrated. Good tackler but not the playmaker in the backfield we need. Earl Thomas/Honey Badger or draft 

Brown is not that expensive. His cap hit to his new team is $15,125,000 if he is traded before Pitt pays his $2,500,000 roster bonus, which is due on the 5th day of the new league year (new year starts March 14th).

His dead cap to Pitt is $21,120,000, which is the final 3 years of his pro-rated signing bonus, which is $7,040,000 per year. Pitt has already paid the bonus, so new team isn't responsible for it. 

Otherwise I like the draft, just do not under any circumstances understand taking a RB in the 1st, and that's from someone who is okay with one in the 2nd if the fit and value is right. 

Appreciate the change-up in mocks, but this is almost too much for me.

First off, the Packers aren't releasing a capable starting OT.  Teams usually don't do that unless they're cash strapped.  And needless to say, they're not.  On a related note, Mike Daniels isn't taking a below-market deal.  It's more likely he'd play out the 2019 season and then potentially discuss a future deal.  And let's be real, he's not a legitimate cap casualty possibility.

Antonio Brown is the exact type of WR that I think the Packers refuse to keep in their locker room.  I really doubt the Packers are interested.

The draft is meh.  Don't like Josh Jacobs, and certainly am not interested in taking a RB that early.  Don't really see Risner as a tackle, more of a guard prospect. Don't think Rapp is there in the fourth round either.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

With Montez, I think I'm more out than in on him. I love his length and he has some legit power, but he might be reallllllly stiff. Combine will give us the answers to whether or not he's even on the board for me.

Glad someone else has this same feeling.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

So there's some hit, some miss, and some unsure from me.

I don't like cutting Bulaga. This idea that he somehow doesn't play games is just flat-out incorrect. Over the past five years he's played in: 14, 5, 16, 12, 16. That's one year of missing a big chunk of games. And when he is hurt, yet still plays, he's still incredibly effective. Good RTs don't grow on trees.

I'm fine with the rest of the cuts, but I don't see the point of cutting some of the small salary guys. You don't actually really open up any extra cap space with them.

If your plan is a two-year one, trading for AB doesn't really make sense. J'Mon Moore is a zero value asset, so you're really just trading PIT a conditional 2nd in 2020, which is odd. PIT almost can't trade AB unless he re-structures his contract, so it's tough know what AB's value would actually be without knowing what that contract looks like.

I'm not really into Landon Collins. I don't like spending a lot on safeties unless they are true centerfielder FS types, which Collins is not. That is certainly personal preference though.

Absolutely hate taking a RB in the 2nd round. RBs don't really matter.

I might take Risner at 30. Lindstrom looks like he'll be solid.

Rest of the draft is fine, day 3 is mostly STers anyway.

I'm no fan of drafting a RB that high either.  Ditto on Bulaga.

Ok I'm going to have to say it because if no one does people will start repeating it because they saw the words once: Trevor Davis missed one game in 2016 with a shoulder and then was out for most of 2018 with a hamstring injury. That doesn't spell "Can't stay healthy".

57 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Ok I'm going to have to say it because if no one does people will start repeating it because they saw the words once: Trevor Davis missed one game in 2016 with a shoulder and then was out for most of 2018 with a hamstring injury. That doesn't spell "Can't stay healthy".

It also doesn't spell "can stay healthy".

I wouldn't like drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds tbh, Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams are plenty talented to take us to where we wanna go, and we can find a 3rd back in the later rounds like we did with them. I just don't see the value + need to get a RB early this year

Archived