2019 Schedule Discussion

brooks1957

Its ridiculous that teams lose home games for that London crap

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I completely understand why you’d want this.

And I hope like hell we don’t.

We’re we just there in 2017? And lost a home game?

Nobody wants to start pregaming at 5am.

It's ridiculous that teams lose home games for that London crap. If any teams should be losing a home game it should be teams like Jacksonville, Cincinnati and Miami where they can't put people in the stadium anyway. Taking away from any team that can consistently fill the stadium is a crime.

All home teams were good choices for next years 3 of them don't have a stadium yet and like I said above Cincinnati and Jacksonville can't even put butts in seats in their home city.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Its ridiculous that teams lose home games for that London crap

It's ridiculous that teams lose home games for that London crap. If any teams should be losing a home game it should be teams like Jacksonville, Cincinnati and Miami where they can't put people in the stadium anyway. Taking away from any team that can consistently fill the stadium is a crime.

All home teams were good choices for next years 3 of them don't have a stadium yet and like I said above Cincinnati and Jacksonville can't even put butts in seats in their home city.

Even then, most of the time taxpayers in that county are paying for the stadium ffs.

Hamilton Co pays for a significant portion of the Bengals stadium and to then take away a home game for international fans seems wrong imo.

There’s a lot of revenue that goes with a home game.  There’s an influx of probably 100k (or more?) people into the downtown when you consider fans, people working at the stadium, etc. and many/most/all of those people spend money.

Restraunts, bars, parking vendors, etc all depend on those games to boost their income.

Taking away that opportunity from the people who literally pay for the field and stadium to “enhance the brand” is BS imo.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even then, most of the time taxpayers in that county are paying for the stadium ffs.

Hamilton Co pays for a significant portion of the Bengals stadium and to then take away a home game for international fans seems wrong imo.

There’s a lot of revenue that goes with a home game.  There’s an influx of probably 100k (or more?) people into the downtown when you consider fans, people working at the stadium, etc. and many/most/all of those people spend money.

Restraunts, bars, parking vendors, etc all depend on those games to boost their income.

Taking away that opportunity from the people who literally pay for the field and stadium to “enhance the brand” is BS imo.

Yep.  It was stupid when they started these London games, and now that they're adding more of them, it's stupider.

Image result for stupid gif

I was listening to the Dustin Fox /John Dorsey / Senior Bowl interview in the car this afternoon. It was being mentioned about how many Sunday 1 pm games have had in previous years mostly due to the lack of star power on the team. Baker took care of that. It was mentioned that the Browns will probably be looking at multiple national TV games. The final nugget that was dropped - it was suggested that the Browns will open on the road as the second game of the Monday night doubleheader at Arizona.

We'll see.

10 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

The final nugget that was dropped - it was suggested that the Browns will open on the road as the second game of the Monday night doubleheader at Arizona.

We'll see.

Jesus how late is that???

I like 1pm games.  Don’t have to get up early, don’t have to stay up late.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus how late is that???

I like 1pm games.  Don’t have to get up early, don’t have to stay up late.

Late games just mean I sleep in a little longer and my kids watch a little extra Netflix before I start their school lessons for the day. Stay at home/ home schooling is legit awesome.

Archived