How Many Primetime Games Should Your Team Get in 2019?

footbull3196

If the Rams win the Superbowl, dont be surprised if the TNF game to open the season is Saints v Rams in LA. I know Saints fans will say "revenge game" but remember the Saints havent won a game Week 1 of a regular season in like 3 or 4 straight seasons. So its almost a book it Rams win if that happens.

With that being said, I think the Rams get at least 5. 

vs Saints

vs San Francisco

at Dallas

either vs Seattle or at Seattle (Im not sure where but I believe its going to be Seattle)

either vs Chicago OR at Pittsburgh (Im not sure which one but I believe its going to be one of them)

They need to change the format on how they decide prime time games. Using previous year records is just as bad as using strength of schedule. 

Out of the 256 regular season games, they have roughly 90 televised games a year (including double-headers based on location) with 48 of them being on prime time.

I see no reason why they cannot spread this out evenly so that every fan can see their team atleast twice a year.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

They need to change the format on how they decide prime time games. Using previous year records is just as bad as using strength of schedule. 

Out of the 256 regular season games, they have roughly 90 televised games a year (including double-headers based on location) with 48 of them being on prime time.

I see no reason why they cannot spread this out evenly so that every fan can see their team atleast twice a year.

They don’t just use previous years record, they use market size and projected record as well.  It’s the reason why San Francisco got 5 last year after coming off of a 6-10 season (including 2 SNF games) despite only deserving maybe 3 at most, because of the Jimmy Garoppolo hype

8 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

They don’t just use previous years record, they use market size and projected record as well.  It’s the reason why San Francisco got 5 last year after coming off of a 6-10 season (including 2 SNF games) despite only deserving maybe 3 at most, because of the Jimmy Garoppolo hype

I know record isn't the primary base but it plays too big of a part in it. Way more than it should.

Who cares if each team won their division. It doesn't mean they will win the next. Same with projected. It's just stupid. Case in point, almost every year the NFC East has a different winner -- that division is a roll of dice every season.

Archived