2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

12 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Not a fan of Mack Wilson or Germaine Pratt in the 2nd?

I'm a fan of both of them, but in the 2nd there's usually a few players who everyone thought would go in the first round that drops.  Or a potential elite talent that goes late 1st/early 2nd, and is still around when we pick in the 2nd round.  Say a guy like Greg Little, Irv Smith Jr, Jefferey Simmons, Christian Miller, DeAndre Baker, Garrett Bradbury, etc... are still on the board, I hope we take one of them instead...

I have a few issues with taking Murray

1. His baseball thing. I could totally see us playing Dalton for Murray’s rookie year, Murray not liking that and switching to baseball thus losing a High first round pick

2. Us taking Murray and playing Dalton all year thus our first round pick doesn’t contribute. 

3. Murray getting killed behind our oline. Yes he’s mobile but I would much rather him not turn into RG3 or soon to be Lamar Jackson. If we are  gonna take a QB I’d rather wait a year 

41 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

1. His baseball thing. I could totally see us playing Dalton for Murray’s rookie year, Murray not liking that and switching to baseball thus losing a High first round pick

2. Us taking Murray and playing Dalton all year thus our first round pick doesn’t contribute. 

3. Murray getting killed behind our oline. Yes he’s mobile but I would much rather him not turn into RG3 or soon to be Lamar Jackson. If we are  gonna take a QB I’d rather wait a year 

Yeah, I'm not "mocking" Murray to us but I wouldn't be upset if the Bengals did go that route...

On 2/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, johndeere1707 said:

I am not a fan of Murray to the Bengals...but

1. I think this isn't very likely. he is already giving back most of his money to the A's (I think), if the Bengals pick him he is going to be guaranteed millions and millions of dollars. He isn't giving that up because he is upset about his first year of playing time, especially knowing he will get his chance the following year.

2 and 3... very likely  

4. he's 5'9" 

Edited by fluhartz

Really unlikely scenario. 

Doesn't matter at this point. We're not investing in Murray to win a championship in 2019-2020.

Their really isn't a correlation between size and being susceptible to injury that I've seen. And he really didn't get hit that often as this criticism alludes to. 

Also @TheVillain112

The more I see of Jawaan Taylor, the more I'm unimpressed. He's got impressive tools athletically, but from what I've seen he can't apply those tools. Below is posted in the Draft forum.

Am I the only one a bit underwhelmed when watch Jawaan Taylor?

He's got good movement skills for a guy that size so I can see the appeal for his potential. I feel as though he should be dominating 1 vs. 1's and I just don't see it. I've yet to see him blow someone off the ball like he should be capable of. He lacks that aggressiveness and nasty demeanor lineman should have. He's also inconsistent in pass protection and gets beat more than he should. I'm starting to think his best position might be at guard.

Why are you pushing for him at 11?