2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

Murray and Haskins will be gone by 11. Denver will likely take Lock at 10. Nobody is going to trade up for Jones or Grier. 

I think there's a fair chance White is still available at 11. If not, Bush certainly will be, as well as some other good players. 

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I wouldn’t mind trading back with like Washington if a QB is on the board and taking Bush

Obviously in an ideal world a trade down is preferred, but it's not at all worth the risk in my opinion. Bush is by far and away the 2nd best linebacker after White - the drop off in talent is huge making Bush more valuable to teams that covet that position. Moving back even a handful of spots would not guarantee him being available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Vic Fangio in Denver takes him at 10 if White is off the board to find his MIKE backer similar to Roquan Smith last year.

He's a well-rounded prospect who checks every box. He has the production, the tape, the tested athleticism, the experience, character and pedigree that makes him a highly-touted prospect. He's exactly what you want in a prospect and absolutely worthy of that 11 pick if that is the direction we want to go. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Denver will likely take Lock at 10.

I wouldn't be so certain of that. I would bet Denver feels pretty confident in Flacco at the moment and Elway is looking to win now. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if a team like the QB-needy team like the Redskins traded in and around the top 10 for Lock if Haskins and Murray go quickly.

I think we just sit tight unless we can move up for a couple of day 3 picks. The difference between White and Bush seems small,  so if lb is the target,  take one.  Personally,  I'll be hoping for BPA out of linebacker,  offensive tackle or defensive lineman.

Linebacker would be our biggest  need, as after cutting Burfict,  we don't have a  "starter" there. There are "starters" at tackle,  but one of those guys has trouble staying healthy and the other was awful last year. Ideally,  we get both of those positions with our first two picks,  then circle back in the 4th for one more of each.   I like David Long out of WVU and would love to add him. There are several interesting mid round tackle prospects that could be our fourth guy for the year while developing. 

Beyond that,  tight end, backup quarterback,  wide receiver and a defensive lineman is about all I see to add. Hopefully,  we use those extra picks to maneuver around,  or trade for next year. 

Devin White a diva player?

“People know ‘Devin isn’t going to be on the board long, and we’re not going to find another Devin 10 years from now. He’s rare,’” White said. “Draft me, because when I hit free agency in five years, the price will go up. I’ll be looking for $100 million then.”

On 3/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, johndeere1707 said:

Devin White a diva player?

“People know ‘Devin isn’t going to be on the board long, and we’re not going to find another Devin 10 years from now. He’s rare,’” White said. “Draft me, because when I hit free agency in five years, the price will go up. I’ll be looking for $100 million then.”

He rode around LSU's campus on a horse, so he's a bit of a character for sure.  I don't think he's a diva, and he did state the $100M comment was just a joke.  He was trying to say, he's much cheaper now than he will be in the future, so teams should get him now...

44 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I would be happy either.  Assuming by OT you mean Jonah, Taylor, or Ford.  I would still say OT, but it's looking more like LB...

Correct.

After reading about some comments Zach Taylor made about Bobby Hart today, Im starting to think we don't go OT till later