2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

21 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would be happy if we went receiver earlier than anticipated. It's an exceptional class and I don't trust John Ross to remain healthy for 16 games.

And we all saw what happened to the offense in Green's absence. Also, Taylor put an emphasis on keep players fresh with rotation during his numerous press conferences. Could that include receiver?

Can't teach that speed, but his hands are still a question mark.  Great for crossing routes and bubble screens, but isn't a consistent route runner or downfield threat.  We'd have to take him in rd 2, and i'm not sure if he's worth the risk there.

• Like 1

Lapham did a podcast and ranked our needs from 5 to 1 like this:  

5- RB

4- DT - Specifically mentioned NT

3- TE

2- OT

1- LB

Obviously no big surprise here, we all know our needs.  Always interesting to hear Laps opinion and order though.  He mentioned several times if one of the top pass rushers are there at 11 he would run to the podium.  

2 hours ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Lapham did a podcast and ranked our needs from 5 to 1 like this:  

5- RB

4- DT - Specifically mentioned NT

3- TE

2- OT

1- LB

Obviously no big surprise here, we all know our needs.  Always interesting to hear Laps opinion and order though.  He mentioned several times if one of the top pass rushers are there at 11 he would run to the podium.  

Surprised running back is so high. We need a third string back.  Can probably get a free agent for that. I'd put it and lb a second time ahead of rb.

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Surprised running back is so high. We need a third string back.  Can probably get a free agent for that. I'd put it and lb a second time ahead of rb.

I think he was saying RB was our 5th highest priority.

IMO, It goes WLB, RT, RG, DE, CB

Edited by sparky151

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I think he was saying RB was our 5th highest priority.

IMO, It goes WLB, RT, RG, DE, CB

RG is that high for you?  We have Little, Westerman, Hopkins or Price, Taylor, and Redmond for the competition.  I'm not suggesting we can't do better, but it isn't the third biggest need IMO.

I'd say, since you are splitting positions into smaller groups, ie OT and OG instead of OL)

WLB, 

SAM

OT

WR/TE

MLB

RB (2)

Backup QB