2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

7 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Goff can make throws that Dalton just can't, which is why he went #1 overall.  But the difference between Goff and Dalton isn't much...

He had some of the same problems Dalton has.  Pressure in his face, couldn't find a hot read fast enough or adjust.  Made some bad throws, and threw a few into traffic.  It looked almost exactly like Andy, except for a few throws downfield 20 yards to the corners that Andy doesn't have the arm for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

He had some of the same problems Dalton has.  Pressure in his face, couldn't find a hot read fast enough or adjust.  Made some bad throws, and threw a few into traffic.  It looked almost exactly like Andy, except for a few throws downfield 20 yards to the corners that Andy doesn't have the arm for.

My thoughts exactly.  He is only 24 years old, and Dalton really started hitting his stride in what 2015 when he was around 28.  We'll see how much Goff can improve after the inevitable reports start coming out about him working with QB guru Tom House...

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, candyman93 said:

Are you guys nervous about drafting without Marvin? That was his area of expertise.

Duke Tobin has commented that he wants to address the trenches and improve the overall speed on defense, which is exactly what we should do.  So I'm not worried.

Zac Taylor now that he's officially the HC, is going through film on all the players and I hope he makes some personnel changes (Get rid of dead weight like Michael Johnson).  I'm excited for what we'll do...

• 2 weeks later...

We'll see if the team is any more proactive in free agency but finding a good RG or RT and OLB shouldn't be too hard. We don't have any must re-sign free agents and if Eifert and Dennard leave, it's not the end of the world. We have more than 45 mil in cap space so we should be able to keep the players we want and add at least a couple of upgrades. 

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We'll see if the team is any more proactive in free agency but finding a good RG or RT and OLB shouldn't be too hard. We don't have any must re-sign free agents and if Eifert and Dennard leave, it's not the end of the world. We have more than 45 mil in cap space so we should be able to keep the players we want and add at least a couple of upgrades. 

Yes but I’m sure they will be saving money for AJ Green and Boyd 

This seems to highlight 3 key areas we need to address this offseason, OL, LB, and TE.  Quarterback is there as well just looking at the raw grades, and I would be fine if we took a chance on Murray or Haskins, but assuming we keep Dalton as the starter for another year, I'm hoping that we do the following:

• Sign at least one LB in Free Agency that's not already over the hill
  • Sign a RT if a quality one is available, if not draft Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor at #11.  If we somehow get a RT in FA, then I'm fine using this pick on a LB instead.
  • Use our 2nd round pick on a TE.  This is a loaded class, and I do think a quality high-end starter will be there when we pick in the 2nd round.  The Iowa TEs should be off the board, but Irv Smith Jr or Stenberger might still be available, and if so we should pull the trigger.  Our offense and Dalton specifically looks much better with a dynamic TE.
  • Go heavy in the mid-rounds on LB.  This isn't the strongest LB class, but I'm going with a strategy of take 3-4 LBs in the draft and hope you hit on 1 or 2 of them approach, lol...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

This seems to highlight 3 key areas we need to address this offseason, OL, LB, and TE.  Quarterback is there as well just looking at the raw grades, and I would be fine if we took a chance on Murray or Haskins, but assuming we keep Dalton as the starter for another year, I'm hoping that we do the following:

• Sign at least one LB in Free Agency that's not already over the hill
  • Sign a RT if a quality one is available, if not draft Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor at #11.  If we somehow get a RT in FA, then I'm fine using this pick on a LB instead.
  • Use our 2nd round pick on a TE.  This is a loaded class, and I do think a quality high-end starter will be there when we pick in the 2nd round.  The Iowa TEs should be off the board, but Irv Smith Jr or Stenberger might still be available, and if so we should pull the trigger.  Our offense and Dalton specifically looks much better with a dynamic TE.
  • Go heavy in the mid-rounds on LB.  This isn't the strongest LB class, but I'm going with a strategy of take 3-4 LBs in the draft and hope you hit on 1 or 2 of them approach, lol...

Give me the RT and either C/RG (whichever they don't plan to use Price at) in free agency.  Metrics show LBs regress significantly faster than linemen.  You only re-sign great ones, unless you do it on shorter deals.

Give me White in the first, Pratt in the third, with either a TE or a long term OT in the second.  If White is gone, trade back a couple of times (Or with Oakland) and nab Bush with one of the picks, and use the extra capital to grab Riley Ridley in the second, along with either TE or OT.  Or just grab both and go for a WR later on.

I wonderwhat the QB ranking is based off of.  I think Dalton is much better than a 2.7.  TE goes back up once we re-sign one or two of our guys.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Give me the RT and either C/RG (whichever they don't plan to use Price at) in free agency.  Metrics show LBs regress significantly faster than linemen.  You only re-sign great ones, unless you do it on shorter deals.

Give me White in the first, Pratt in the third, with either a TE or a long term OT in the second.  If White is gone, trade back a couple of times (Or with Oakland) and nab Bush with one of the picks, and use the extra capital to grab Riley Ridley in the second, along with either TE or OT.  Or just grab both and go for a WR later on.

I wonderwhat the QB ranking is based off of.  I think Dalton is much better than a 2.7.  TE goes back up once we re-sign one or two of our guys.

QB grade was most likely significantly hit with Dalton getting hurt last season.  Still, it is need but one I'm willing to wait at least a year on.  Primarily because I want to see what Zac Taylor can do with Dalton and the offense, and secondly because I'm not a big fan of the QBs in this draft.  Although, I won't complain if we take a chance on one...

• Like 1