2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

@THE DUKE Funny you posted that. I came in here to float out the idea of taking Hockenson at 11. What does everyone think of that assuming Josh Allen/Quinnen Williams/DK Metcalf/Nick Bosa/Jonah Williams/Kyler Murray/Dwayne Haskins/Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Ed Oliver are all off the board? I think in this scenario Devin White would win the tie-breaker between the two based on LB being more of a glaring need. But definitely wouldn't be upset with Hockenson. 

He's a phenomenal run blocker. So he'd basically be an extension of the offensive line which obviously needs upgrading. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

That's my point.  To win in today's NFL you need to have a high powered passing offense.  If we're talking about Luke Kuechly coming out of college, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him at #11.  I'm still Ok with Devin White, but there are lot of other players I would prefer over him.  Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, and Ed Oliver, to name a few...

...Kyler Murray...

On 2/26/2019 at 10:35 AM, SmittyBacall said:

@THE DUKE Funny you posted that. I came in here to float out the idea of taking Hockenson at 11. What does everyone think of that assuming Josh Allen/Quinnen Williams/DK Metcalf/Nick Bosa/Jonah Williams/Kyler Murray/Dwayne Haskins/Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Ed Oliver are all off the board? I think in this scenario Devin White would win the tie-breaker between the two based on LB being more of a glaring need. But definitely wouldn't be upset with Hockenson. 

He's a phenomenal run blocker. So he'd basically be an extension of the offensive line which obviously needs upgrading. Thoughts?

Nothing against Hockenson, but we shouldn't take a TE early. Currently we have bupkis but we can sign 2 or 3 adequate, experienced TEs in free agency for reasonable prices and cross it off our list of needs. If we were set at all other positions, then sure Hockenson would be fine, but we're a long way from being set everywhere. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:
Well, he passed the most important measurement. Hand size. Bigger hands than Mayfield. Same weight as Russell Wilson and just a shade shorter (5'10 5/8).

Unless he bombs the interviews, he won't be there at #11.  I have a feeling after he's drafted, there's going to be rumors of teams that tried to move up for him but failed.  And then rumors that one of the teams was the Bengals...

32 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Unless he bombs the interviews, he won't be there at #11.  I have a feeling after he's drafted, there's going to be rumors of teams that tried to move up for him but failed.  And then rumors that one of the teams was the Bengals...

I also have an eerie feeling the Patriots could be a darkhorse team as well. They told Mayfield's agent before last years draft don't be surprised if they trade up to 2 if Cleveland takes Darnold. They have two 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks this year.

"We had another team which is going to surprise you. Another team had said, 'You may get a big surprise on draft day, at No. 2, if he's available.' And it was the Patriots," Mills said. "They had 23 and they had 31 and they had two seconds. We thought, 'That's gonna be a heck of a move, to get up that high from where they are.' And of course he wasn't available so we never knew if that was a reality or not."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23374606/agent-says-new-england-patriots-discussed-trading-draft-baker-mayfield