2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

20 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Nothing against Hockenson, but we shouldn't take a TE early. Currently we have bupkis but we can sign 2 or 3 adequate, experienced TEs in free agency for reasonable prices and cross it off our list of needs. If we were set at all other positions, then sure Hockenson would be fine, but we're a long way from being set everywhere. 

So much this.

• Like 1

Some things of note from the Brian Callahan combine interview...

1.) Premium tightends aren’t an necessity for a good offense to function. More of a luxury item. Referenced the Rams with Higbee/Everett. Solid but unspectacular.

2.) Bigger is better along the offensive line. Imposing your will. 

3.) Spoke of unsigned tackles needing to be replaced. Referenced free agency as a means of fulfilling that spot.

I like the sound of this guy. He’s my favourite of the Taylor hirings. Overall I’m really excited to see how this offense plays out with Taylor and Callahan at the helm. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hopefully DK Metcalf goes top 10 and pushes some prospects done our way. 

He’s a lock to after this weekend. He’s competing to be the first non-EDGE player or QB to be drafted after Quinnen Williams.  It wouldn’t surprise me if Oakland took him at 4. 

This is my updated top 10 projection so far...

1. ARI - Quinnen Williams (DT - Alabama)

2. SF - Nick Bosa (DE - Ohio State)

3. TRADE - NYG (from NYJ) - Dwayne Haskins (QB - Ohio State)

4. OAK - Kyler Murray (QB - Oklahoma)

5. TB - Josh Allen (EDGE - Kentucky)

6. NYJ (from NYG) - DK Metcalf (WR - Ole Miss)

7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor (OT - Florida)

8. DET - Montez Sweat (DE - Mississippi St.)

9. BUF - Jonah Williams (OT - Alabama)

10. DEN - Devin White (LB - LSU)

11. CIN - Ed Oliver (DT - Houston)

Kyler Murray to Oakland is a bit of a stretch, but wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they are as invested in Carr as they are letting on and could draft and develop his heir if they fall in love with Murray. Either way, he's going top 10 and will push non QB prospects down the board.

It's not entirely impossible Oliver doesn't fall that far considering the needs and scheme fits in front of us. Assuming he makes it out of the top 6 JAX is likely to sign Nick Foles and focus on improving their inept offense while being set at defensive tackle (drafted Taven Bryan last year, Dareus restructured contract to stay with team). Detroit fields three very good defensive tackles (Hand, Harrison and Robinson) while being desperate for a defensive end. They'll have their pick of the litter between Sweat, Burns, and Ferrell. Buffalo needs to dedicate resources and protect their sophomore franchise quarterback. And Denver isn't a scheme fit for Oliver. They could also look at adding a quarterback like Lock. Before I thought there was no chance he'd make it to 11, given his talent. Now after analyzing each pick it seems more realistic than impossible. What do you guys think?

26 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Kyler Murray to Oakland is a bit of a stretch, but wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they are as invested in Carr as they are letting on and could draft and develop his heir if they fall in love with Murray. Either way, he's going top 10 and will push non QB prospects down the board.

It's not entirely impossible Oliver doesn't fall that far considering the needs and scheme fits in front of us. Assuming he makes it out of the top 6 JAX is likely to sign Nick Foles and focus on improving their inept offense while being set at defensive tackle (drafted Taven Bryan last year, Dareus restructured contract to stay with team). Detroit fields three very good defensive tackles (Hand, Harrison and Robinson) while being desperate for a defensive end. They'll have their pick of the litter between Sweat, Burns, and Ferrell. Buffalo needs to dedicate resources and protect their sophomore franchise quarterback. And Denver isn't a scheme fit for Oliver. They could also look at adding a quarterback like Lock. Before I thought there was no chance he'd make it to 11, given his talent. Now after analyzing each pick it seems more realistic than impossible. What do you guys think?

I'm hoping Denver passes on White

Don't sleep on Andre Dillard from Washington State at 11.  Tested as one of the most athletic tackles in the past few drafts, has good size and has solid tape to back up that athleticism.  Put him at LT and move Glenn to RT where I think he's a better fit at this point in his career.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would love this.  Check out who Ed Oliver matches up with athletically: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/ed-oliver?position=ATH

If he's on the board, that's who we should take.  Ed Oliver is a going to be a beast in the NFL like Geno Atkins...