OT Bobby Massie signs 4 year extension

WindyCity

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Dion Lewis has never been the focal point of an offense. I am pretty sure Nagy would adopt Cohen if he was not an adult already. My guess is an even larger portion of the Bears offense will run through Cohen next offseason. Even at 6.5 million that is real money that needs to be accounted for.

You did not watch RRH closely enough. He is a really good player and consistently generates pressure. He is an ascending player with incredible physical tools.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You did not watch RRH closely enough. He is a really good player and consistently generates pressure. He is an ascending player with incredible physical tools.

Yeah, I would agree 100%.  Nichols and RRH pretty much kept Bullard on the bench as far as pass rushing goes and both also play the run well.

Now that RRH has added weight and got snaps at DE he looks to me to have the talent to be a core DL.  He has speed, he has size and length, and he's tough to block one on one when he bull rushes.  He may not have had a ton of sacks but he seldom failed to get pressure.  If we compare his 2017 stats to 2018 he shows growth in every way.   IMHO this is a kid we don't want to lose.

Year Age
Career
2017 24
2018 25
  Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       29   0 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 5.0 34 17 17 5 15   4
2017 24 CHI   95 13 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2.0 12 7 5 2 4   2
2018 25 CHI   95 16 0 0 0 0 0 2           3.0 22 10 12 3 11   2
1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs

On 2/6/2019 at 2:57 PM, WindyCity said:

Dion Lewis has never been the focal point of an offense. I am pretty sure Nagy would adopt Cohen if he was not an adult already. My guess is an even larger portion of the Bears offense will run through Cohen next offseason. Even at 6.5 million that is real money that needs to be accounted for.

RRH is a talented and ascending player but he’s also the 4th best DL we have IMO (putting him behind Nichols). Those are the guys who tend to be poached off of deep teams as they start to pay their own. I fully expect RRH back in 2019 since he’s a RFA but I also think that in terms of him having a long term spot on the roster I think he’s pretty well down the list. That’s 100% a testament to our depth, not a knock on him. 

Archived