Packerraymond 2019 Mock Offseason V2

Packerraymond

Great mock, I like almost all of it.  I agree with the taking more bites of the apple approach with the edge and TE position groups.  My only complaint would be not drafting a tackle to develop but not being a draft guy I'm not sure if this is a bad year for tackles or not.  Nice work overall.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't disagree with any of you saying we could use more at OG and DL, but if you look at the draft it will have to come at the expense of another position.

Makes sense.
And you also wrote this a few days ago:

"If Rodgers needs more than Adams, GMo, MVS, EQ we wasted a hell of a lot of money "

I think GB can "afford" to allocate more to the OL than the WR position given the relative depth at each. I'd gladly exchange that 3rd spent on  WR McLaurin for a 3rd spend on an OT -> OG conversion if a suitable one were available in that slot. Seems like MLF is going to want more athletic OL than the UDFA menagerie currently on the roster. Cole Madison should have been making the leap in year 2, but that isn't happening so GB might have to invest some additional draft capital to cover that loss

As noted by others, your offseason mock is really well done, thx for taking the time to do it

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Congrats @Packerraymond - Nagler's reading your stuff :: I keep seeing Brian Burns mocked to GB at 12. Going to be real hard for me to get past the "Jamal Reynolds 2.0" that goes off in my head every time I watch him.

Jamal "Short Arms" Reynolds? Yeah, other than the same school, nothing in common and a dumb comparison by Nagler. I think as of right now Burns as 12 is a reach though. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Pick 12 sucks, seems like everything is a reach.

I agree and love that you went down 3 spots and grabbed an extra pick. I think if Washington falls in love with Murray, you can get a second out of them with nothing additional other than 12. Look what the Bears did a few years ago to get Trupicksky. It is not out of the question. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I went down a few in this one. Up is tougher for me as I've come to realize we need a lot of depth. Depends on FA and who we keep and cut.

I edited my post as I went back and looked at the original post! 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't disagree with any of you saying we could use more at OG and DL, but if you look at the draft it will have to come at the expense of another position. Man we have more needs than I thought, kind of depressing.

Most teams that are drafting where GB is this year have that same situation.  When a team finishes 6-9-1, they generally have a lot of needs to fill, be it front line starters or quality depth.

Here's the Ravens recent comments on keeping/not keeping Z. Smith

Ravens GM Eric DeCosta said the "jury's still out" on re-signing impending free agent OLB Za'Darius Smith.

Coming off an 8.5-sack season, DeCosta fears Smith's market will be "out of control," but he is holding out hope a strong crop of pass rushers will keep Smith in the Ravens' price range. "We’re optimistic we may have a chance to bring him back, but in some cases, it’s really not up to us," DeCosta said. "It’s up to what the market bears." With C.J. Mosley's contract also up, it is clear the Ravens are not going to get in a bidding war for Smith, likely meaning he will be playing somewhere else in 2019.

Like this mock a lot.  A balanced effort to improve both sides of the ball using both UFA and the draft.  

The more I think about moving that first pick for multiple early picks the more I like it.  The way this draft could fold, I'm not sure there is going to be that much of a difference between 12 and 25 with the draft's best edge rushers clearly being gone lone before 12.  Is Ferrell or Polite that much better than Burns or Sweat?  I'm not so sure they are when there is a chance we could have Burns and starting OL for the price paid paid for Ferrell/ Polite.

Want to like Burns but I'm not convinced he's big or strong enough to make an immediate impact.  Watched him last year in the Florida game and he struggled something fierce.  He's quick but I'm not sure he has the strength to deal with NFL tackles.  He's definitely an elite athlete with elite bend.  

Like the idea of adding Collins who's a legit All pro caliber safety.  Not the cover guy some would like but a great fit for Pettine's defense IMO.  A Collins/ Gardner-Johnson would be a dream scenario for the safety position overhaul.  Also Love the overhaul of the TE position.  

Archived