I know it's early !!! But ???

Gibster16226

I'll bite. But first, it's very hard to know who will be there.
As much as rankings suggest, there's always surprises.
I'll give you a few they'll consider, in my opinion...

OLB J.Allen - the dream pick, but he's top 5
LB D.White - the 2nd dream pick, but he's likely gone top 10
CB G.Williams - if he fell (rumors of slower 40 times)
CB B.Murphy - if he fell
OLB M.Sweat - if he fell
LB D.Bush - should be there
CB D.Baker - should be there
OLB J.Polite- should be there
CB T.Mullen- should be there
LB M.Wilson - a great pick in RD 2
FS D.Thompson - I'd be surprised if they wen't safety in 1

Id take the best available ILB, pass rusher or CB.

Steelers could honestly go in any direction and it wouldnt shock me.   QB, TE, NT and safety is doubtful.    OLine isnt likely either, but it could happen.     Im hoping RB isnt an option, but I wouldnt rule it out.     WR is very possible if we trade Brown, although I hope not.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Id take the best available ILB, pass rusher or CB.

Steelers could honestly go in any direction and it wouldnt shock me.   QB, TE, NT and safety is doubtful.    OLine isnt likely either, but it could happen.     Im hoping RB isnt an option, but I wouldnt rule it out.     WR is very possible if we trade Brown, although I hope not.

Yea plus they’ll knock out at least 1 “need” in free agency.

Draft wise, Tomlin/Colbert placement at pro days pretty much narrows down where the 1st rd pick will come from.

this is a question for people that might have watched more of him than I have but I have heard Rumblings that Devon white instincts if possibly intelligent are going to limit his ceiling. Has anyone here actually gotten those impressions and what is it about him what have you seen from him that tells you that he is worthy of our first-round pick?

Ive heard ppl in the media say his body size is concerning and the same ppl said that about Shazier.

for me he has sideline-to-sideline speed is a good tackler can play in coverage and can get after the quarterback the guy is just flat out fast and while he is not a replica of Ryan Shazier he is a reasonably good replacement

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

this is a question for people that might have watched more of him than I have but I have heard Rumblings that Devon white instincts if possibly intelligent are going to limit his ceiling. Has anyone here actually gotten those impressions and what is it about him what have you seen from him that tells you that he is worthy of our first-round pick?

Ive heard ppl in the media say his body size is concerning and the same ppl said that about Shazier.

for me he has sideline-to-sideline speed is a good tackler can play in coverage and can get after the quarterback the guy is just flat out fast and while he is not a replica of Ryan Shazier he is a reasonably good replacement

I've heard his game instincts aren't the best. He's a monster athlete though. Great blitzer from the inside.
By contrast, D.Bush is considered to be a great 'instinct' player, sideline to sideline, but a bit undersized.
White, a former RB is a beast, physically. I've also read his instincts/reads were much improved this year. 

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

I've heard his game instincts aren't the best. He's a monster athlete though. Great blitzer from the inside.
By contrast, D.Bush is considered to be a great 'instinct' player, sideline to sideline, but a bit undersized.
White, a former RB is a beast, physically. I've also read his instincts/reads were much improved this year. 

Wilson and White will remind you of Shazier in one way.  They over run plays because they are either going too fast or make the wrong read. It took Shazier 2-3 years to start making the correct read quickly and even then his is no Luke Kuechly who makes his living on making the correct read.

I would take Wilson or perhaps Bush in the 1st ( not really sold on him at 20) and Rock-Ya Sin in the 2nd.

to me the scenario is  D.white there?   Can we trade up to get him?  If no

Is Wilson there?

if No, Best CB/EDGE player.

If it is EDGE it has to be from a narrow group.  Burns, Polite or Ferrell.  Then you need to decide is one of them better than either Baker or Murphy?

42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would take Wilson or perhaps Bush in the 1st ( not really sold on him at 20) and Rock-Ya Sin in the 2nd.

to me the scenario is  D.white there?   Can we trade up to get him?  If no

Is Wilson there?

if No, Best CB/EDGE player.

If it is EDGE it has to be from a narrow group.  Burns, Polite or Ferrell.  Then you need to decide is one of them better than either Baker or Murphy?

Pretty much this.

Archived