Thoughts on Jake Elliot?

TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Elliot had the same exact attempts, and made FG as his Rookie season.

That’s not a good thing.

Was when he won us the SB? Game winning FG to beat Houston that essentially put us in this years playoffs? You're  acting as though he sucked? 

Far more players to worry about then our Kicker going into his 3rd season. Just saying.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Was when he won us the SB? Game winning FG to beat Houston that essentially put us in this years playoffs? You're  acting as though he sucked? 

Far more players to worry about then our Kicker going into his 3rd season. Just saying.

wow am I glad you're not in charge. "He's not our biggest problem so let's just roll with it."

That's a losing mentality that gets you nowhere. 

1 minute ago, ianlewis16 said:

Competition doesn't mean take his job. And so you've thoroughly evaluated every single kicker coming out of college this year and decided that none of them are worthy of taking Jake's job? Do you even remember how we stumbled into him in the first place?

Hell no we better not waste a draft pick on a Kicker. Vet, sure bring them in, still not taking his job IMO. 

You too are acting like he sucked?? Curious why? 

5 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

wow am I glad you're not in charge. "He's not our biggest problem so let's just roll with it."

So is knee jerk reactions and over reactions. All I need to do is remember watching the Chargers in 2017 or Cody Parkey to realize,  Kicker is the least of our worries.

I'm just not quick like some of you to fire, cut or trade every player or coach that doesn't live up to absurd expectations. That's all.

Lets Fire Doug, Trade Wentz, Replace Elliot, Cut McCloud. 

36 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hell no we better not waste a draft pick on a Kicker. Vet, sure bring them in, still not taking his job IMO. 

You too are acting like he sucked?? Curious why? 

he's in the bottom half of the league in production. that's a position you look at improving. we were literally 31st in % extra points made. 

16 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

he's in the bottom half of the league in production. that's a position you look at improving. we were literally 31st in % extra points made. 

He missed 2 extra pts? Where are we ranked in the NFL going for a 2pt conversation? Going for it on 4th down?  Bet its higher then 31st! Probably TOP 10?

He was 12th in made FG, 10th in attempts. Once again on a team that goes for it more on 4th down then most of the NFL and attempts way more 2 pts conversions then they probably should.

Overreaction 

13 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

the problem is 32 people on earth at any given time cant be good nfl kickers. Maybe the hardest spot to fill in sports.

So you can forgive jake's short comings for being clutch when it counts.

6 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

Don´t fix what isn't broken. Jake has a big leg, is clutch and still young. He will only get better!

there is literally no guarantee this will happen. The argument here is that there should be some competition in camp at the very least. If that's a UDFA then whatever, that's where most kickers come from anyway. 

23 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

there is literally no guarantee this will happen. The argument here is that there should be some competition in camp at the very least. If that's a UDFA then whatever, that's where most kickers come from anyway. 

of course there should be camp competition for every position, but there is no need to overthink this. Elliot is fine.

1 minute ago, AustrianEagle said:

of course there should be camp competition for every position, but there is no need to overthink this. Elliot is fine.

How is saying he's not an unquestioned starter and should therefore be challenged in camp overthinking? Those are my thoughts on Jake Elliot as per the request of the thread. 

2 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

How is saying he's not an unquestioned starter and should therefore be challenged in camp overthinking? Those are my thoughts on Jake Elliot as per the request of the thread. 

I was not referring to you while saying "not to overthink",  these are as well just my general thougts on this ;)

Archived