NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Im all in again on sucking for Saquon. I don't think we want to a roll out rookie corner to pair with Sydney Jones , so i imagine we go sign a veteran corner and another veteran safety. 

And one of the few positions you can guarantee productions out of for rookies and young guys, is running back. He would start day one and never look back. He gives us instant value and makes the offense way more dynamic with his mix of size/power/speed/running -catching ability/being the full package. 

12 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah, I fully expect a corner in the first three rounds again. Gotta keep loading up:

I think they take one somewhere in there but he rides the bench. 

I wonder if we could get Trumaine Johnson or Malcom Butler on a decently affordable deal next year and roll one of those bros out there with Sydney Jones. While who ever we draft rides the bench.

• 3 weeks later...

I know some will automatically say "no thank you" since he's a USC skill position player and well a lot of those haven't worked out too great in the past.

I really like RoJo though and think he's a guy you guys should be keeping a close eye on this coming season.

USC has a very talented stable of RBs, but Jones will get the majority of the carries.

He's a home run hitter with his speed. Finds the seam and hits it asap. He makes nice jump cuts. Runs harder than you would expect for a guy his size.

The Trojans new RB coach (Deland McCollugh) came in and told him straight up that he needs to get bigger and he gained 10 lbs going from 195 to 205.

Talk out of fall camp is that his new weight looks like its helping as he's breaking tackles and picking up tough yards. 

He has supposedly been working hard on his receiving and blocking.

Those are two things he will need to show to improve his draft stock and establish him as a complete 3 down back.

Don't sleep on the Texas Tesla.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kinda surprised that you haven't since you seem like you're into college football.

There's so much info to keep track of in college football, I keep up with FSU, UF, and UM and that's already a ton of stuff to keep a track of lol. Don't really pay the closest attention to things nationally to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

There's so much info to keep track of in college football, I keep up with FSU, UF, and UM and that's already a ton of stuff to keep a track of lol. Don't really pay the closest attention to things nationally to be honest.

That makes sense.

Why Florida and Michigan though? Did you attend those schools too?

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That makes sense.

Why Florida and Michigan though? Did you attend those schools too?

Ah yeah sorry I meant Miami by UM. In Florida they're just UM haha.

The rivalry here is real between these three teams. It's hard to avoid to keep up with what they're doing. Especially for recruiting battles. It's a lot of fun.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Derwin, Saquon, Guice, Sutton. We draft one of them, we win.

We might not be picking high enough to get one of James, Barkley, or Guice.

Also, what do we do with Jenkins if we draft James? I would be sad to see Jenkins go, but he is gonna turn 30 years old and likely be on the downturn of his career.

Archived