NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Agreed

I hate seeing so much emphasis on us drafting a CB with our 1st pick. We invested so much in the position last year, hell you could even say we already us a pick on a CB this year. I don´t hate Alexander but I would not like a CB with our first pick at all.

We did invest a lot last year and it helped, but we still aren't very strong at corner.

Last year we had elite slot corner play, but now Robinson is gone.

And, you can't forget that Darby is in a contract year and probably isn't a priority to re-sign.

Taking Alexander would allow us to plug him into the slot and take over for Darby next year when we let him walk and hopefully get a solid comp pick for him.

Assuming Jones gets all his athleticism back we could have an elite corner duo for years to come.

Having Alexander would be huge against the passing offenses of McVay, DeFilippo, and Payton.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Even still, we have Jones, Mills, and Darby this upcoming season, with no 2nd or 3rd round pick, unless the player is pretty obviously the BPA, I don't think CB at 32 makes sense for us. 

You don't draft with just this season in mind.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

You don't draft with just this season in mind.

I understand that, but I think you can look at a variety of positions to draft with future seasons in mind. DE for one, is still a huge question mark going forward as well. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Makes sense if the Eagles aren't worried about him being a problem off the field and if he lasts to our 4th round pick.

How much does his talent vs off the field compare to Joe Mixon/Dede Westbrook?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I understand that, but I think you can look at a variety of positions to draft with future seasons in mind. DE for one, is still a huge question mark going forward as well. 

Oh, I fully agree with you there and a corner like Jaire is just one option.

I don't think there is a set in stone answer for what position we should address which is the beauty of this pick.

We have one of the most (if not the most) complete starting rosters in the league and are set up to go BPA.

Maybe that is James Daniels (G/C), Jaire Alexander (CB), Derrius Guice (RB), and so on.... just depends on the Eagles board.

All I know is I just don't want to go with a player like Kolton Miller that has high bust potential.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

All I know is I just don't want to go with a player like Kolton Miller that has high bust potential.

I was pretty high on him after the combine admittedly, but word on the street is that his tape doesn't bode well for a day 1 pick, Perhaps day 2.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Plus Jones and Douglas have proven basically nothing,  and I'm not totally sold on mills

I'm sold on Mills not being the answer as an outside corner. I'd like to move him inside to play safety and/or slot corner.

But, yeah Douglas showed some good things, but also some of his limitations and Jones was a great prospect, but we need to see if he looks the same athletically.

Just now, Danger said:

I was pretty high on him after the combine admittedly, but word on the street is that his tape doesn't bode well for a day 1 pick, Perhaps day 2.

He's obviously got great physical tools, but he's just really raw right now. 

I like guys in the first round to be more polished. 

Hopefully he goes before we pick and preferably to the Patriots.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think Landry is overrated, at least as a 4-3 DE. To much finesse in his game. Should be an olb.

He's never gonna be the most physical end, but neither is Barnett. I guess you could argue you don't want two starting DEs like that. 

His potential is sky high as a rusher though. Like he could be a consistent double digit sack guy. He kind of gets by on his freaky ability right now. 

Barnett needed to develop a counter (which he impressively did in just 1 season) and the same holds true for Landry.

I'd love to see him come in and learn from pass rushers that are so adept at technique like Bennett and Graham.

Archived