NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

In all reality, none of these WRS are worth a 1st rounder. I know 2-3 will go in the 1st Round, IMO this WR class is deep, but weak. no WRs who are the DeFacto #1 WR. 

at #32, my positional priorirty and Realistic BPA, Some will be there some won't, go:

TE: Mike Gesicki (Don't care that he can't block great, he can block well enough, Ask Saquon)

DE: Arden Key (My #1 is Davenport but he'll be gone in top 15)

RB: Derius Guice (Physical Runner who can spell Ajayi, and if Ajayis knees can't hold up can take over and be the home run #1)

S: Justin Reid (Def a Reach, however can play both safety Spots, and can learn from Jenkins and then hopefully we can get rid of that bum McLeod)

LB: Rashaan Evans (If Hicks would remain healthy, I'd prefer Jefferson since he can play all 3 spots, but just don't know)

WR: Courtland Sutton ( I like his Jumping playmaking, I don't like his route running, or him giving up blocking for a RB at times)

OL: Isaiah Wynn (I like wynn a lot, I feel his frame and his ability to play any spot on the OL would be very beneficial, and could be groomed if needed for a pure OT skillset)

CB: Jaire Alexander (IMO he's the top CB in this draft, if it wasn't for injury in his last season he'd be a lot higher)

37 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Negative, Trace McSorleys decision making and the poor offensive scheme to prioritize option runs over everything else, was the issue. 

25 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Uh, no.

Does Hooligan even watch Penn State games? I can see someone pointing the finger at McSorely, I'd disagree with them but I can see it. Poor offensive scheme? So why did the OC and playcaller get promoted to the Head Coach of Mississippi State? Bogus 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

In all reality, none of these WRS are worth a 1st rounder. I know 2-3 will go in the 1st Round, IMO this WR class is deep, but weak. no WRs who are the DeFacto #1 WR. 

at #32, my positional priorirty and Realistic BPA, Some will be there some won't, go:

TE: Mike Gesicki (Don't care that he can't block great, he can block well enough, Ask Saquon)

DE: Arden Key (My #1 is Davenport but he'll be gone in top 15)

RB: Derius Guice (Physical Runner who can spell Ajayi, and if Ajayis knees can't hold up can take over and be the home run #1)

S: Justin Reid (Def a Reach, however can play both safety Spots, and can learn from Jenkins and then hopefully we can get rid of that bum McLeod)

LB: Rashaan Evans (If Hicks would remain healthy, I'd prefer Jefferson since he can play all 3 spots, but just don't know)

WR: Courtland Sutton ( I like his Jumping playmaking, I don't like his route running, or him giving up blocking for a RB at times)

OL: Isaiah Wynn (I like wynn a lot, I feel his frame and his ability to play any spot on the OL would be very beneficial, and could be groomed if needed for a pure OT skillset)

CB: Jaire Alexander (IMO he's the top CB in this draft, if it wasn't for injury in his last season he'd be a lot higher)

saquon had the worst blocking in the ncaa so yeah that should tell you gesicki is useless

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Seriously, watch the games, especially against Ohio State the offensive blocking was like that of an FCS school. It's been Penn State's weakest link during James Franklin's tenure.

Easily the position most affected by the sanctions.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Does Hooligan even watch Penn State games? I can see someone pointing the finger at McSorely, I'd disagree with them but I can see it. Poor offensive scheme? So why did the OC and playcaller get promoted to the Head Coach of Mississippi State? Bogus 

I watch every Penn State game. McSorley would make reads way too late and on regular runs would hold the ball way too long. That extra sec or two makes all the difference. 

He got hired because of how many points they put up, which was due to teams keying on Barkley and McSorley just throwing all day. His use of Barkley only in option made Barkley a waste, he never got to really tear up teams. He only had 3 games of 20+ carries. He's a workhorse back you give him the rock not option him to where he doesn't know if he's gonna be getting the rock or not which makes him hesitant and he can't really explode before the defense gets there. 

That Ohio State game was horrible in the 2nd half, but overall it was due to the play calling. Playing it wayyyy to safe. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I watch every Penn State game. McSorley would make reads way too late and on regular runs would hold the ball way too long. That extra sec or two makes all the difference. 

He got hired because of how many points they put up, which was due to teams keying on Barkley and McSorley just throwing all day. His use of Barkley only in option made Barkley a waste, he never got to really tear up teams. He only had 3 games of 20+ carries. He's a workhorse back you give him the rock not option him to where he doesn't know if he's gonna be getting the rock or not which makes him hesitant and he can't really explode before the defense gets there. 

That Ohio State game was horrible in the 2nd half, but overall it was due to the play calling. Playing it wayyyy to safe. 

Barkley is absolutely not a workhorse back. You get him 16-18 carries per game and 6-8 targets.

1 hour ago, utley4568 said:

Barkley is absolutely not a workhorse back. You get him 16-18 carries per game and 6-8 targets.

The whole premise of a "workhorse back" should be thrown out the window in this day and age. You need at least 2 guys. The 2nd doesn't necessarily need to be spectacular as the primary guy though. I think a good example of this is 2016, Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman or many years ago in Jacksonville with Fred Taylor and MJD

Archived