NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Could be worse I suppose.

who would've been worse?

Akers is so quiet and down to earth...I just can't see him doing the trolljob they deserve down there.
I guess since we don't currently have a day 2 pick it wasn't as big to get somebody for it. I mean Akers might end up just collecting a check and chill in the green room the whole day.

If we trade down Thursday need Kelce to cut his honeymoon short and come in grab the mic from akers and be the biggest heel the draft will ever see.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

who would've been worse?

Akers is so quiet and down to earth...I just can't see him doing the trolljob they deserve down there.
I guess since we don't currently have a day 2 pick it wasn't as big to get somebody for it. I mean Akers might end up just collecting a check and chill in the green room the whole day.

If we trade down Thursday need Kelce to cut his honeymoon short and come in grab the mic from akers and be the biggest heel the draft will ever see.

its former players only though and akers is the teams all time leading scorer is he not?

41 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

its former players only though and akers is the teams all time leading scorer is he not?

ha yea it is for this part, there have been current players in the past though.
..it's fine and I'm glad to get him back in the fold.
Sucked how his time here ended.

But for those that wanted a guy to dig into the cowboys fans, Akers isn't gonna do it probably 

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

ha yea it is for this part, there have been current players in the past though.
..it's fine and I'm glad to get him back in the fold.
Sucked how his time here ended.

But for those that wanted a guy to dig into the cowboys fans, Akers isn't gonna do it probably 

we won the superbowl dallas have to live with that regardless. 

On 4/18/2018 at 12:50 PM, Hockey5djh said:

Actually lets look back....

2017 - Dalvin Cook...effing Minnesota trading in front of us
2016 - I guess Wentz. Didn't really have a "favorite" because of the massive trade up for a QB
2015 - Marcus Peters was my wet dream that almost came true was so pissed when Big Red traded in front of us and took him. My plan B was Byron Jones...that SPARQ score
2014 - Demarcus Lawrence. I also liked Dennard a lot but he went in front of us.
2013 - Lane Johnson
2012 - I wanted Burfict so bad, one crap combine and "off field issues" later he could have been had for a 7th.
2011 - I wanted Watt, I had a mock where we traded up for him. We didn't, we took Danny Watkins.
2010 - Derrick Morgan. In the Great War of 2010 I was team Earl Thomas. Graham has come around but it took a long time.
2009 - I was a sucker for the Michal Oher story.
2008 - I wanted Jeff Otah, was cranky that we traded out first for Jason Peters. We all make mistakes.

I picked your response on which to reply because I wanted to comment on Marcus Peters.
Had the Eagles re-signed Jeremy Maclin the Chiefs may have chosen Agholor, leaving Peters to the Eagles.
I am a Pac-10 guy, so I saw them both play a lot as I am also a night owl.
I wanted Peters, but ......

my overall comment is that it is amazing how everyone wanted someone who is great now.
"Yeah, I wanted to vote for Jesus.  I totally scrolled it everywhere, but the scrolls got destroyed."

I have nailed a few and missed a few.
I am pretty close to 50/50.

I mean, yeah, I'll probably never shut up about how I was the ONLY one who LOVED Russell Wilson.
But, I also beat the drum and danced to my own beat when the Eagles took Riley Cooper, Daniel T'eo Nesheim, Marvin McNutt and Winston Justice.

We should have re-draft threads and lock them like time capsules.
My truth can't compete.

Finally, Trivia:

Prior to Brian Dawkins in 1996, who was the last Hall of Fame player drafted by the Eagles?

On 4/17/2018 at 2:52 PM, Danger said:

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

2017 - Marshon Lattimore (didn't think he would fall all the way to us but I wanted him badly) then Gareon Conley and Corey Davis

2015 - Byron Jones but Nelson Agholor and Phillip Dorsett (oops) were also in the mix

2014 - Haha Clinton Dix

On 4/17/2018 at 4:47 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

"My guys" that i remember

2017- Sidney Jones (preinjury)/TreDavious White

2016- Carson Wentz

2015- Jake Fisher

2014- HaHa Clinton Dix

2013- Dion Jordan

2012- Fletcher Cox

2011- Prince Amukamara 

2010- Earl Thomas

Pre-2014 I think mine were the same except I believe it was a toss up between Jordan and Johnson for me in 2013.... glad we made the right decision.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pre-2014 I think mine were the same except I believe it was a toss up between Jordan and Johnson for me in 2013.... glad we made the right decision.

I think we can also thank the Dolphins for trading up ahead of us to make the wrong decision. God only knows what Chip wanted.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:52 PM, Danger said:

So here's a thought, coming into any specific draft, who was "your guy" you wanted the Eagles to draft with their first selection. Ignore Wentz because everyone knew that was coming.

The most recent one I really wanted was Dee Ford. Did well in 2016 after a slow first two seasons, was hurt most of last year. 

Marcus Peters.

Im too lazy to go back and look up the threads but I know I was obsessed with him that year. Still wish we had gotten him.

Archived