NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

54 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I get where you're coming from with us having no day 2 picks, but its way too early to decide what is the best option this far out.

nah it is the best option no matter what. Draft is  crap shoot the more picks the better every year.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

We have a new team in charge of the draft who have only stayed put 1 year. How can we know?

I have no stats to back this up, but i imagine in general across the league, trading proves to be more successful then trading down. 

Quality vs Quantity. 

As the rounds go on your way less likely to land on a starter or even long term back up. Unless you have a special coaching staff like New England does and even then it has bitten them in the butt before(they have there fair share of mid round bust they traded down for, New England's 2009 draft is a fair example of this) 

Your safer trading up and getting the better player who can start sooner/right away vs trading down for guys you have to coach up-develop. If you go back and look through 2nd round picks, its really rare they are ever better then 1st rounders, and usually the caliber of the player you get in the 1st round is so much better then the 2nd rounder. or a 2nd rounder safer/better odds of being on the team long terms/contributing/developing into a starter then a 3rd round. etc. 

Just finished up my four round end of preseason mock draft and this is who I have us taking.

1.14 // Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana State University

4.8 (Minnesota) // Tyrell Crosby, OT, ORegon

4.14 // Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

4.32 (New England) // Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana

May post the whole thing shortly if I can get the excel format to transfer over. 

Archived