NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

20 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jeezla Dream Draft w/Trades (But no Foles trade)

Eagles trade 1#32 + Ronald Darby to Car for 1#24

Eagles trade 1#24 and 5#169 to Jax for 1#29 + 3#93

Eagles trade 1#29 + Mychal Kendricks to Oak for 2#41 + 3#75 + 6#212

Eagles trade Rodney McLeod to Pitt for 5#165

2-41 Dallas Goedert TE

3-75 Michael Gallup WR

3-93 Darius Leonard LB

4-130 Holton Hill CB

4-132 Joseph Noteboom OT

5-165 Siran Neal S

6-206 Chase Litton QB

6-212 Chase Edmonds RB

7-250 Michael Dickson/J.K. Scott/Johnny Townsend P

you can't trade mcleod and then not replace him in any real way.

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you can't trade mcleod and then not replace him in any real way.

It's only the draft,  not free agents.  We could sign a vet. Kendrick and McLeod trades frees up some more space. Plus my thought process is we move rasul to safety. We might even be able to afford a certain honey badger if we move Mychal and Rodney.

CB Mills/Sidney/Holton Hill/Worley/Rasul (he can be 5th CB and backup FS)

S Malcolm/Siran Neal/Watkins

S Honey Badger/Rasul

Not too shabby.

Might even have a couple mill left over for NaVorro?

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I wouldn't doubt it. However, someone is going to get one of the top corners in the draft due to a "charcter concern".  

Not sure why you put that in quotes, because the guy failed A LOT of drug tests at Texas, so its not like its overblown or anything.

But, someone is indeed getting a lottery ticket with him on day 3.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's only the draft,  not free agents.  We could sign a vet. Kendrick and McLeod trades frees up some more space. Plus my thought process is we move rasul to safety. We might even be able to afford a certain honey badger if we move Mychal and Rodney.

CB Mills/Sidney/Holton Hill/Worley/Rasul (he can be 5th CB and backup FS)

S Malcolm/Siran Neal/Watkins

S Honey Badger/Rasul

Not too shabby.

Might even have a couple mill left over for NaVorro?

Trading or cutting McLeod actually costs the Eagles money against the cap this year

16 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Very possible that we're done signing guys this offseason. I'd be ok with that. This roster would be ready to defend the title as is. Add in the draft and we'll be just fine.

would think they might add a cheap vet TE, but yea can't see much more

8 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Very possible that we're done signing guys this offseason. I'd be ok with that. This roster would be ready to defend the title as is. Add in the draft and we'll be just fine.

Possibly. 

I could also see them wait a few more days/a week and get some decent deals on players. Especially the safety market seems to be really slow for some good players

On 3/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honestly we could go a number of directions. 

We don't desperately need to fill any hole for this year.

If we went with Guice it would be cause he's very high on our board and we aren't intending to pay Ajayi when he's a free agent next off-season which would be smart IMO.

I agree with your point of view. The only difference for me is that RB is an easy position to fill. I'm not saying team don't miss on RBs, because they certainly do. But every single year there are impact rookies drafted throughout the draft and even undrafted guys end up producing. This is more true of the RB position than any other. In fact, RB is pretty unique in that there isn't as long of a "development" phase. They actually get worse as the years go by.

That's why for me, even if we don't have any glaring holes, take a LB and develop him. It might take a few years before he's ready to go. We're good at RB. If we need a RB in the near future, draft a guy and more than other positions it'll be a plug-and-play type of situation. 

3 hours ago, Phire said:

I agree with your point of view. The only difference for me is that RB is an easy position to fill. I'm not saying team don't miss on RBs, because they certainly do. But every single year there are impact rookies drafted throughout the draft and even undrafted guys end up producing. This is more true of the RB position than any other. In fact, RB is pretty unique in that there isn't as long of a "development" phase. They actually get worse as the years go by.

That's why for me, even if we don't have any glaring holes, take a LB and develop him. It might take a few years before he's ready to go. We're good at RB. If we need a RB in the near future, draft a guy and more than other positions it'll be a plug-and-play type of situation. 

It's easy to fill, but it's not easy to find a stud ala Leveon, Shady or David Johnson.  The last draft and this one are spoiling people. The real argument is that you don't need a stud RB to win a SB, but it certainly won't hurt your chances. I'd hate to see what the Pats could do if they had a guy like Kareem Hunt or even a rook like Guice or Michel, instead of a rotation of just "solid" guys that likely aren't making any pro bowls. Hopefully they keep undervaluing RB, and hopefully the Giants don't take Barkley! I hope they take a QB and I hope it's Darnold's ugly face.

I wouldn't be mad with Guice at all at #32. Not my #1 choice, but I think he would be fit right in to this offense. He basically a better Ajayi. He's Jay Ajayi, but with +15 to his juke, +8 to his agility, and +88 to his knee cartilage rating.

That being said, Hail Leighton!

Image result for leighton vander esch combine

Look at him, running right into our hearts

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Leighton and Guice are both there at 32(eagles are rumored to love both) who do they take?

D.J. Moore

I dunno. All of our offseason moves basically involved the D, so I'd lean Guice, but we seem to really like LVE and we're obviously trying to shop Kendricks again. If Kendricks is gone before the draft, LVE, if not then Guice or DJ Moore.

Archived