NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Ah yeah sorry I meant Miami by UM. In Florida they're just UM haha.

The rivalry here is real between these three teams. It's hard to avoid to keep up with what they're doing. Especially for recruiting battles. It's a lot of fun.

I follow recruiting too, so I know what you mean.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We might not be picking high enough to get one of James, Barkley, or Guice.

Also, what do we do with Jenkins if we draft James? I would be sad to see Jenkins go, but he is gonna turn 30 years old and likely be on the downturn of his career.

And Malcolm is expensive. We also already tried to trade him for Brandin Cooks, so might as well send him packing and look towards the future.

And anything can happen. We might suck. We might make the playoffs. If we suck, Take Derwin, Barkley, or Guice. If we're average, take Courtland Sutton or maybe an OT. If we're good....take Chubb or Royce.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I follow recruiting too, so I know what you mean.

Yeah man some people are die hard and act like the world is ending if some kid from South Florida ends up at ___ school in-state.
People hardly talk about pro football around here. It's all about Florida sports. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

This will never get old.

Something I just noticed though is that Derwin is kinda old. 

He's gonna be 23 a few months after he gets drafted.

Sidney Jones and Derek Barnett only turned 21 after they were drafted.

We'll only get 8 good/great years out of him? Hard pass.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

And Malcolm is expensive. We also already tried to trade him for Brandin Cooks, so might as well send him packing and look towards the future.

And anything can happen. We might suck. We might make the playoffs. If we suck, Take Derwin, Barkley, or Guice. If we're average, take Courtland Sutton or maybe an OT. If we're good....take Chubb or Royce.

It's way too early for me to commit to any RB if we are good. We don't know who will step up or regress. 

I already knew after their sophomore year that Guice and Barkley were the best RBs in the country and top 10 talents. They could sit out this whole year and I'd still take them in the first half of the first round.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Derwin just turned 21 last week. How do you figure he'll be 23? Assuming he declares after this year he'll be 21 for the draft, and 22 entering the year.

You're right. I think I read it like his birthday is coming up, but it just passed.

Turning 22 after the draft isn't that bad. It's average.

• 2 weeks later...

What's most likely the direction we go at this point in the draft, knowing we don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder (for now)?

RB, OT, WR, TE, or Trade?

I'm assuming we take an offensive player after going DE, CB, CB in the first 3 rounds, then packaging our 2018 3rd for another CB.

I'm also assuming if we finish 8-8 or 9-7ish, we won't be able to draft Guice or Barkley.

I think we'll end up taking an OT in the mid 1st, or we end up trading down to the late 1st/early 2nd for a 2nd tier RB (Freeman, Chubb, Michel) and another 2nd round pick (That we will use on an OT).

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Dayum...Didn't realize that was him! On another note, the OT didn't help himself but to get chest pressed like that. He needs to have his scholarship rescinded after that. 

Yea, the OT needs to keep those hips square. He was trying to cheat and take away the outside move (Because what safety tries to beat an OT 1-on-1 inside?) and Derwin gave him a ride.

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Dayum...Didn't realize that was him! On another note, the OT didn't help himself but to get chest pressed like that. He needs to have his scholarship rescinded after that. 

Dude went airborne. Crazy.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:19 PM, Phire said:

Yeah man some people are die hard and act like the world is ending if some kid from South Florida ends up at ___ school in-state.
People hardly talk about pro football around here. It's all about Florida sports. 

So weird lol. Even when i was in Tampa and they had just came off a Super Bowl win and all the major sport radio station and local sports coverage was about high school and college football. They would talk about college recruiting endlessly. 

Archived