NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I think Seumalo right now is our blocking TE. 

Sorta, but he isn't good and I think that more speaks to how we don't have a good blocking TE.

Celek isn't the same now. Ertz and Burton are eh.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has good size and should continue to grow into his frame. Has a finisher's demeanor as a blocker. Plays like an offensive lineman. Technically sound blocker. Hand placement is accurate and he unlocks his hips into opponent. Runs his feet on down blocks until the block is secured. Understands his landmarks and takes proper angles. Excellent timing and radar when working up to linebacker on combos. Plus blocker for the position in-line and on the move. Trustworthy in pass protection. Was able to work the seam and lay out to make the catch. Unfazed by hitters in the middle of the field.

WEAKNESSES

Straight-line mover who struggles to adjust his release when defenders are looking to lean on him. Initial speed into patterns is average. Routes are very readable for safeties and linebackers. Comes out of his turns without much burst. Separation could be a challenge against man coverage. Needs to gather his feet into contact more consistently as a blocker.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 4

NFL COMPARISON

Dion Sims

BOTTOM LINE

Smythe is a classic "Y" tight end who carries himself like an offensive lineman. He has the frame, toughness and ability to help do the dirty work as a run blocker for teams in need of toughness at the position. While Smythe can catch what is thrown to him, he's unlikely to be a targeted pass catcher on the next level. Smythe's particular talent as a run blocker should create an opportunity to become a solid starter for years to come.

Anyways, here is his scouting report from NFL.com.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:
10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly one of the more impressive things Pederson did all Season really. Not panicking and making the switch!! Which would of been a huge mistake.

Doug the Marvelous 

Yes the "M" for Moron was officially replaced with something more positive weeks ago. Just haven't settled in on a keeper yet.

Marvelous, Magician, Magnificent, Miraculous

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes the "M" for Moron was officially replaced with something more positive weeks ago. Just haven't settled in on a keeper yet.

I like Magician.

Opens the possibility for some fun forum avys or sigs.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I like Magician.

Opens the possibility for some fun forum avys or sigs

Well if he can be Magical in his Play calling once again in the SB, I'm down.

He's come a long way since the KC game.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like Magician.

Opens the possibility for some fun forum avys or sigs.

He can't be the magician, because we already called Wentz a magician several times this year.

How about Doug the Decepticon? He made us think he was Andy Reid 2.0 after year 1, then BOOM, all of a sudden he's making adjustments, pounding the rock, managing the clock, and trying to conquer the whole league. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Ive seen multiple having him fall to the end of the 1st, I dont get it either

I was critical how the 'Noles used him earlier this season, he was constantly around the box. Maybe scouts don't think he can play in space?? 

If he's more Shaq Thompson/Mark Barron/ than Harrison Smith

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think maybe people aren't totally clear on his position at the next level?

Basically

Here are some comments on him.

That Reshad Jones comparison sounds pretty good.

Jones the past couple years has been one of the very best safeties in the league despite being better in the box.

Like others I feel like he's going to the Seahawks at 18 if he's there. Just makes a lot of sense with Kam Chancellor's career in doubt.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Basically

Here are some comments on him.

That Reshad Jones comparison sounds pretty good.

Jones the past couple years has been one of the very best safeties in the league despite being better in the box.

Like others I feel like he's going to the Seahawks at 18 if he's there. Just makes a lot of sense with Kam Chancellor's career in doubt.

That's interesting that they don't think he's the athlete Telvin Smith is. That surprises me.

Following Roto recently they have ND RB Josh Adams and NC State DL Kentavius Street as two potential mid round targets for the Eagles. I'd be excited about both. Street is kind of a tweener but looks like a really good player. 

Archived