NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Just now, RollEagles said:

I agree that they need to do something about that Curry contract. I could see him restructuring. He grew up an Eagles fan. Just won a title with the Eagles. And he probably knows he won't get 10 million next year on the market. I could see him recognizing that if he wants to stay with his childhood team, he needs to restructure and take a deal similar to what he might get on the market.

That is true. I'm all for that as Curry is a good player but not worth anywhere near 10M. Not sure what he is worth though. Weird how Curry went from a really promising pass rusher to a run stopping DE who doesn't offer a ton of pass rush. 

11 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I agree that they need to do something about that Curry contract. I could see him restructuring. He grew up an Eagles fan. Just won a title with the Eagles. And he probably knows he won't get 10 million next year on the market. I could see him recognizing that if he wants to stay with his childhood team, he needs to restructure and take a deal similar to what he might get on the market.

U8e38EI.gif

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

That is true. I'm all for that as Curry is a good player but not worth anywhere near 10M. Not sure what he is worth though. Weird how Curry went from a really promising pass rusher to a run stopping DE who doesn't offer a ton of pass rush. 

Yeah it's definitely a bit bizarre how he became such a different player.

I think the Eagles could potentially convince a lot of the guys on the bubble to restructure. Curry is a good example of that. I'm sure that if Celek wants to come back, he'd be willing to do that too. He's not going to get a massive contract as a free agent. I think we'd see a similar thing with Torrey Smith. For as frustrating as Torrey Smith was at times this season, he stepped up in the playoffs. Maybe Sproles would be willing to do something similar if this is where he wants to be. He's not going to attract a ton of interest as a free agent coming off two major injuries. 

The guy who we might not be able to get away with restructuring is Peters. Teams need LTs and someone would pay him even coming off a major injury. I think we'd be smart to make sure Peters is on the roster next season. We'd be one Vaitai injury away from real trouble. 

I don't think P-Rob is back next year. He's earned a pretty big contract. Good thing we have Sidney Jones and a couple other solid starting CBs. 

The two priority guys for us to re-sign to me are Nigel Bradham and Trey Burton. Both of those guys are contributors and they are also huge players in the locker room.

These players are smart. They know that this is going to be a great place for the future.

11 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I think the Eagles could potentially convince a lot of the guys on the bubble to restructure. Curry is a good example of that. I'm sure that if Celek wants to come back, he'd be willing to do that too. He's not going to get a massive contract as a free agent. I think we'd see a similar thing with Torrey Smith. For as frustrating as Torrey Smith was at times this season, he stepped up in the playoffs. Maybe Sproles would be willing to do something similar if this is where he wants to be. He's not going to attract a ton of interest as a free agent coming off two major injuries. 

The guy who we might not be able to get away with restructuring is Peters. Teams need LTs and someone would pay him even coming off a major injury. I think we'd be smart to make sure Peters is on the roster next season. We'd be one Vaitai injury away from real trouble. 

I don't think P-Rob is back next year. He's earned a pretty big contract. Good thing we have Sidney Jones and a couple other solid starting CBs. 

The two priority guys for us to re-sign to me are Nigel Bradham and Trey Burton. Both of those guys are contributors and they are also huge players in the locker room.

These players are smart. They know that this is going to be a great place for the future.

I think Bradham is a priority, an all around good linebacker who excels in coverage is really valuable. I think Burton gets starting TE money so he's a goner. I'm not sure if Robinson gets a big contract. He got that once and failed pretty bad, teams might be wary of his inconsistency and injury problems. 

3 hours ago, RollEagles said:

I dont want torrey back at all should have already been cut these past few days. 

I dont get why anyone thinks the eagles need to draft an OT in the first. I don't think there is any way peters doesn't come back and then Vaitai becomes maybe the best swing tackle in the league. Why spend a first round pick on a guy who will never dress?

Just hoping for a big play guy from either side of the ball

Offense could use a big play guy at WR, heck Celek and Burton both could be gone...not sure about the TEs coming out but that's a possibility 

Then we could really go anywhere on D. 
DT we need to see what happens with Beau coming back, but adding a more dynamic 3rd DT could make a great Dline even better.
DE, Curry's contract is pretty hefty...but more to the point Long and Graham are free agents after next year. Could be a big need fast. Hadn't thought about til @IrishHooligan00 pointed it out

LBs, Bradham returning could keep this from becoming a huge immediate need. But we need starting Depth with Hicks being our Sean Lee (without being integral to our QBs success obvi)

CB, we need to see how guys develop. Adding a guy for the likely departure of Robinson wouldn't hurt. But the room is pretty set...just need to have guys compete and rise to the top.
S, could get improvement over Mcleod I guess

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Just hoping for a big play guy from either side of the ball

Offense could use a big play guy at WR, heck Celek and Burton both could be gone...not sure about the TEs coming out but that's a possibility 

Then we could really go anywhere on D. 
DT we need to see what happens with Beau coming back, but adding a more dynamic 3rd DT could make a great Dline even better.
DE, Curry's contract is pretty hefty...but more to the point Long and Graham are free agents after next year. Could be a big need fast. Hadn't thought about til @IrishHooligan00 pointed it out

LBs, Bradham returning could keep this from becoming a huge immediate need. But we need starting Depth with Hicks being our Sean Lee (without being integral to our QBs success obvi)

CB, we need to see how guys develop. Adding a guy for the likely departure of Robinson wouldn't hurt. But the room is pretty set...just need to have guys compete and rise to the top.
S, could get improvement over Mcleod I guess

If a guy like Arden Key slips (which it sounds like he might) I'd take a shot at 32. 

As far as LB's, I'm starting to warm to Rashaan Evans the more I see. I'm still worried his play style will have his brains scrambled pretty early on.

USA today mock draft http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2018-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/ 

1st round: Mike McGlinchey - Notre Dame OL 

4th round: Hercules Mata'afa - Wash St DE

4th round: Marcel Ateman - Okla St WR

5th round: Brandon Facyson - Va Tech CB

5th round: Deadrin Senat - USF DL 

6th round: Martez Carter - Grambling St RB 

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

USA today mock draft http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2018-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/ 

1st round: Mike McGlinchey - Notre Dame OL 

4th round: Hercules Mata'afa - Wash St DE

4th round: Marcel Ateman - Okla St WR

5th round: Brandon Facyson - Va Tech CB

5th round: Deadrin Senat - USF DL 

6th round: Martez Carter - Grambling St RB 

I'd pass on this entire draft.

BR's Matt Miller mock http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757373-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions

Post SB

1st round: Leighton Vander Esch - Boise St LB

4th round: Josh Sweat - Florida St DE

4th round: Godwin Igwebuike - N Carolina St Safety

5th round: Brandon Parker - North Carolina A&T OL

5th round: Cedrick Wilson - Boise St WR

6th round: Holton Hill - Texas CB 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:04 AM, RollEagles said:

latest?cb=20160826222827

18 hours ago, nlesthought said:

BR's Matt Miller mock http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757373-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions

Post SB

1st round: Leighton Vander Esch - Boise St LB

4th round: Josh Sweat - Florida St DE

4th round: Godwin Igwebuike - N Carolina St Safety

5th round: Brandon Parker - North Carolina A&T OL

5th round: Cedrick Wilson - Boise St WR

6th round: Holton Hill - Texas CB 

Man. Not having a pick again until round 4 suuuuuuucks. I really hope a QB slips and someone trades up.

34 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man. Not having a pick again until round 4 suuuuuuucks. I really hope a QB slips and someone trades up.

Having that end of the round pick is great for that

last team that has that 5th year option in that years draft...get to wave that to any team enamored with a guy

Archived