NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah

Why not? The tape he put out this year is great - give him some time to learn behind JP and Lane and I think he'd fit in just fine. 

...though, I don't buy into the combine as much as others 

7 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Why not? The tape he put out this year is great - give him some time to learn behind JP and Lane and I think he'd fit in just fine. 

Think he can be a solid to good starter despite athleticism concerns with the right coaching. He's nasty, has great length, and is naturally strong.

With that said, I see too much that concerns me to feel comfortable spending a first round pick on him.

I also value athleticism quite a bit in my linemen.

27 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

...though, I don't buy into the combine as much as others 

I think its just part of the puzzle.

You need to know what to look for and value. Like some testing drills are a lot more important for some positions than others.

On-field drills can provide a good look at movement skills and how players do things they may not have done a lot in college.

People that dismiss it as useless (not saying you're guilty of this) are just as foolish as those that overvalue it.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Don't believe he can be our LT for a number of years. Heck outta here with that ish.  

Why do you believe how good of a starter he can be isn't a question mark?

I mean he has limitations that will always be there and has been pretty inconsistent.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the progress he's made as a player and think he could be a serviceable starter.

I'm just a lot more comfortable with him as a back-up swing tackle which is still a valuable asset. Just look at Dallas when Tyron Smith went down this year as proof of that.

37 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Game speed> timed speed but 

TCU RB Hicks 4.64

USC RB Johnson 4.66

surprises me. unofficial of course

Did you even watch it? Ronald Jones pulled his hamstring out of the gate on that run. That 40 time is 100% bogus throw it out.

Archived