LGB’s “I Just Read Senior Bowl Stuff” Mock

LETSGOBROWNIES

1: Montrez Sweat, DE: 2 solid years of production and prototypical size.  Pretty obvious why I’d have us taking him (or any other DL honestly).

2: Yodny Cajuste, LT: I don’t think Dorsey will be good with our tackle group and will address it early. Cajuste has LT ability and plays aggressively.  We need that type of attitude.

3. Rock Ya-Sin, CB: Big, athletic corner to pair with Ward.  Raw, but has the physical tools.

3. Gerald Willis, DT: Another addition to our subpar DL group.  

4. Terry McLaurin, WR: A favorite of mine and @buckeyesNut0623 (and @candyman93 and @zelbell too), provides deep speed, decent size and top tier special teams (coverage) ability.  McLaurin has “special teams ace” ability imo.

5. LJ Scott, RB: Talented back who should be an upgrade over Hilliard.  

5. Derwin Gray: Dorsey doubles down on OL depth, grabs a monstrous G to develop.

5. Trevon Wesco, TE/H-back: A larger version of Orson Charles.  275lber who can block and has good enough hands to catch a pass when open.  He’s a guy who’s going to make a living busting heads though, not making plays.

The remaining 3 picks imo should be either H/W/S freaks who are essentially a roll of the dice, or guys who have plummeted down draft boards for off the field concerns.  Swing for the fences.

Have at it ladies.

Yodny would be a great pick in the 2nd. If he was 6’5 310, with his skill set everyone would be oozing over him as a 1st rd pick  doesn’t have the height but really the way the game is changing, you don’t need those monsterous LTs anymore. His skill set and athletic ability are damn good. I feel like he is a top40 pick

If McLaurin last til the 4th that will a steal. Feel like once he combine is over and people and truly see how athletic he is to go along with a solid senior bowl and good tape, he will be a 3rd rd guy. Just hope the depth at the positions has him fall to the 4th

i don’t know nearly enough about Sweat but overall that be a solid draft. 

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yodny would be a great pick in the 2nd. If he was 6’5 310, with his skill set everyone would be oozing over him as a 1st rd pick  doesn’t have the height but really the way the game is changing, you don’t need those monsterous LTs anymore. His skill set and athletic ability are damn good. I feel like he is a top40 pick

Yeah, and he plays mean, which we need imo.

How fall is he?  He’s listed at 6’5, I’d hate to think he’s under 6’3, which is tall enough imo if you can play.

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If McLaurin last til the 4th that will a steal. Feel like once he combine is over and people and truly see how athletic he is to go along with a solid senior bowl and good tape, he will be a 3rd rd guy. Just hope the depth at the positions has him fall to the 4th

I agree.  If he runs a 4.3 he’s likely gone day 2.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, and he plays mean, which we need imo.

How fall is he?  He’s listed at 6’5, I’d hate to think he’s under 6’3, which is tall enough imo if you can play.

I agree.  If he runs a 4.3 he’s likely gone day 2.

I just wonder about yodny’s injury in the bowl game. What did it end up being. 

I really like Sweat and argued for him in the draft prospects thread. He’s got everything but elite bend. If he had that he’d be a top 10 pick. 

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I just wonder about yodny’s injury in the bowl game. What did it end up being. 

Didn’t he sit out the bowl game?

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I really like Sweat and argued for him in the draft prospects thread. He’s got everything but elite bend. If he had that he’d be a top 10 pick. 

I could see him having a career similar to Carlos Dunlap.  Not super twitchy or explosive, but able to provide a consistent pass rush.

He’s have an “easy” path to sucesss opposite Myles too.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t he sit out the bowl game?

I could see him having a career similar to Carlos Dunlap.  Not super twitchy or explosive, but able to provide a consistent pass rush.

He’s have an “easy” path to sucesss opposite Myles too.

The last game he played in, he got injured. He’s got injury history too besides that. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How tall is he?  He’s listed at 6’5, I’d hate to think he’s under 6’3, which is tall enough imo if you can play.

I heard he is closer to 6’2 than 6’5. He should be right around 6’3. I know a lot of scouts wanted him at the senior bowl participating so they could get a confirmed height out of him. 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I heard he is closer to 6’2 than 6’5. He should be right around 6’3. I know a lot of scouts wanted him at the senior bowl participating so they could get a confirmed height out of him. 

That’s crazy when guys BS like that, even crazier team publish those numbers.

Buggs did that same stuff, stated he was 6’5 and measured 6’2.

It’s like, bruh, they’re gonna find out.

Archived