LGB’s “I Just Read Senior Bowl Stuff” Mock

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1: Montrez Sweat, DE: 2 solid years of production and prototypical size.  Pretty obvious why I’d have us taking him (or any other DL honestly).

2: Yodny Cajuste, LT: I don’t think Dorsey will be good with our tackle group and will address it early. Cajuste has LT ability and plays aggressively.  We need that type of attitude.

3. Rock Ya-Sin, CB: Big, athletic corner to pair with Ward.  Raw, but has the physical tools.

3. Gerald Willis, DT: Another addition to our subpar DL group.  

4. Terry McLaurin, WR: A favorite of mine and @buckeyesNut0623 (and @candyman93 and @zelbell too), provides deep speed, decent size and top tier special teams (coverage) ability.  McLaurin has “special teams ace” ability imo.

5. LJ Scott, RB: Talented back who should be an upgrade over Hilliard.  

5. Derwin Gray: Dorsey doubles down on OL depth, grabs a monstrous G to develop.

5. Trevon Wesco, TE/H-back: A larger version of Orson Charles.  275lber who can block and has good enough hands to catch a pass when open.  He’s a guy who’s going to make a living busting heads though, not making plays.

The remaining 3 picks imo should be either H/W/S freaks who are essentially a roll of the dice, or guys who have plummeted down draft boards for off the field concerns.  Swing for the fences.

Have at it ladies.

I can absolutely get on board with Sweat at 17. We need another pass rusher and he may very well be the best one left at 17 and the next best group is probably gone before 49.

I like his athletes but I am curious about his arm length. They seem kind of short and I don't know if he is powerful enough to play inside at guard full time. I haven't seen a lot of him and have not completed my thought process on him yet but round 2 seems like his most likely landing spot and we would be smart to look at LTs

I have been a huge fan of Rock Ya-Sin for a long time. A week ago or so I said I would rank him over Greedy Williams in the prospect thread. He is my thoughts from back in October.

Rock Ya-Sin - Temple - 5'11 3/4 189 32 3/8" - Good active feet. Good hips to change direction quickly. Patient in his back pedal. Needs to have better forward lean in backpedal/gets on heels at times. Needs to keep his base under him better on his T breaks and he'll be that much better driving on passes. Locates the ball in the air pretty well. Great mirroring skills. Poor mans Denzel Ward IMO. Despite being an unranked recruit out of high school I believe he has a high upside.

And here comes @pnies20 to call me a liar

I did not realize he was listed at 6'2 if I had known that I could have saved everyone from their reaction about his "disappointing" weigh ins. From the second I started watching him I instantly saw Denzel Ward-lite.

I have watched a TON of Gerald Willis in the last 2 weeks because I cannot figure this guy out. He is incredibly hot and cold from play to play and game to game. He has flashes were I think he has Top 40 potential and then stretches where I see a 6th round player.

I haven't watched anything outside of the gifs @Zelbel has posted of Terry McLaurin

Haven't watched much LJ Scott either but I firmly believe we need to add another between the tackles RB incase Chubb goes down. Duke Johnson is not going to carry the load.

Never heard of Derwin Gray.

I don't know if Wesco transitions better to FB but I didn't like a single thing about his tape as a TE. He's sluggish getting off the line and lazily strides through his routes. He is a middle of the road in line blocker at best. 

I'll finish for you.

6. Matt Gay PK Utah: Strong leg very accurate. Perfect on PATs in 2 seasons over 95% on FGs up to 44 yards and high percentage of his kickoffs in 2018 went for touchbacks. 

7. Traded for proven NFL talent to fill out the depth of our roster.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s crazy when guys BS like that, even crazier team publish those numbers.

Buggs did that same stuff, stated he was 6’5 and measured 6’2.

It’s like, bruh, they’re gonna find out.

Gotta love those program numbers. In my college program I was

6’2 - 270lb, I would have killed to be that big lol I was 6’ - 245/250

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Gotta love those program numbers. In my college program I was

6’2 - 270lb, I would have killed to be that big lol I was 6’ - 245/250

I always listed my actual height and weight and let people figure things out for themselves.

Just seemed like such a pointless thing to lie about.

I was 5'3 130 soaking wet in High School and still 5'3 to this day. My coach went around the room asking everyone height and weight and got to me so I said 5'3 130 and replied that's pathetic, you're going down as 5'7 170. To this day I have never seen a roster listing as far of as mine.

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I can absolutely get on board with Sweat at 17. We need another pass rusher and he may very well be the best one left at 17 and the next best group is probably gone before 49.

I like his athletes but I am curious about his arm length. They seem kind of short and I don't know if he is powerful enough to play inside at guard full time. I haven't seen a lot of him and have not completed my thought process on him yet but round 2 seems like his most likely landing spot and we would be smart to look at LTs

I have been a huge fan of Rock Ya-Sin for a long time. A week ago or so I said I would rank him over Greedy Williams in the prospect thread. He is my thoughts from back in October.

Rock Ya-Sin - Temple - 5'11 3/4 189 32 3/8" - Good active feet. Good hips to change direction quickly. Patient in his back pedal. Needs to have better forward lean in backpedal/gets on heels at times. Needs to keep his base under him better on his T breaks and he'll be that much better driving on passes. Locates the ball in the air pretty well. Great mirroring skills. Poor mans Denzel Ward IMO. Despite being an unranked recruit out of high school I believe he has a high upside.

And here comes @pnies20 to call me a liar

I did not realize he was listed at 6'2 if I had known that I could have saved everyone from their reaction about his "disappointing" weigh ins. From the second I started watching him I instantly saw Denzel Ward-lite.

I have watched a TON of Gerald Willis in the last 2 weeks because I cannot figure this guy out. He is incredibly hot and cold from play to play and game to game. He has flashes were I think he has Top 40 potential and then stretches where I see a 6th round player.

I haven't watched anything outside of the gifs @Zelbel has posted of Terry McLaurin

Haven't watched much LJ Scott either but I firmly believe we need to add another between the tackles RB incase Chubb goes down. Duke Johnson is not going to carry the load.

Never heard of Derwin Gray.

I don't know if Wesco transitions better to FB but I didn't like a single thing about his tape as a TE. He's sluggish getting off the line and lazily strides through his routes. He is a middle of the road in line blocker at best. 

I'll finish for you.

6. Matt Gay PK Utah: Strong leg very accurate. Perfect on PATs in 2 seasons over 95% on FGs up to 44 yards and high percentage of his kickoffs in 2018 went for touchbacks. 

7. Traded for proven NFL talent to fill out the depth of our roster.

I dunno anything about ya-sin. Not a big fan.

4 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I was 5'3 130 soaking wet in High School and still 5'3 to this day. My coach went around the room asking everyone height and weight and got to me so I said 5'3 130 and replied that's pathetic, you're going down as 5'7 170. To this day I have never seen a roster listing as far of as mine.

Glad to not be only short guy on this board 

Thoughts:

I've heard some concerns about Sweat's ability to bend, turns into a pure power rusher. We kinda already have that in Ogbah if he bounces back from his down year.
Cajuste isn't gonna be there mid-2nd imo. I know it's early to tell, but I'm seeing way too many of the draftniks who tend to have a bead on how teams evaluate these days gushing about him. I think he ends up going around our first pick (and wouldn't mind taking him there AT ALL.)
Your 3rd and 4th round picks are sexy.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How fall is he?  He’s listed at 6’5, I’d hate to think he’s under 6’3, which is tall enough imo if you can play.

He's 6'3 at best. I do really like his ability to pass protect, but he's got short arms, a small frame, and will be a 24 year old rookie. He has a lot of things working against him...plus the injury. I think he's a 3rd-4th round pick as a result despite having 2nd round talent.

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's 6'3 at best. I do really like his ability to pass protect, but he's got short arms, a small frame, and will be a 24 year old rookie. He has a lot of things working against him...plus the injury. I think he's a 3rd-4th round pick as a result despite having 2nd round talent.

... We still talking about Cajuste here? Cause I haven't seen anybody question his arm length before. Heck, it's listed as a strength in most of the profiles I could find. I think the 24 year old part is real, but I don't know if a minor injury is enough to knock the guy down the board that far.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/10/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-yodny-cajuste/

Archived